Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Lifts for Tignes / Val d'Isere - Part II

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just seen the new 2006/07 piste map for Tignes / Val d'Isere on the Val d'Isere web site (static version not the interactive one. Now has the new Palafour lift on with a new red run coming from the top. Also there is the Pyramides Express which goes as far as the kink in the old Signal drag and now Signal goes on from there. The new Cugnai starts a lot higher than the old one and goes further to the right of the bowl than I seem to recall, being a higher start access is only from the Glacier Express chair. The Pissaillas glacier seems to have more runs? On the Grande Motte there's now a new black run from the top Descente, does this really warrant being a black? It also shows it running to the bottom of the non-existant Double Plan drag which I've never seen running in 8 years(?), can't see how this works as it seems to drop below the track beneath the top funicular station. Anybody else spot any other changes?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where have the Balmes lifts gone? Cannot see them on the new jpeg!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Adrian, which lift is Balmes and where, doesn't spring to mind?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes Descente does exist, finally it has been recognised! My friend and I inadvertently came across Descente on the way down from the Motte this April and we were flummoxed as it was nowhere to be seen on the piste map! It is actually not that long and more like a red...however this is Tignes/Val d'Isere where grading is anyones guess really...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
According to the JPEG Balmes is no more. It is/was/might be a pair of button lifts out of Val Claret between piste Carline and the Tichot chair.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nondescript, I'll try and spot it when I go in January, where does it break out from the normal Glacier run?

Adrian, know where you mean now, that was taken out last year when the Tichot chair was rebuilt as a fast chair, didn;t go to Tignes last year to know where the new Tichot chair lands.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nondescript, just realised that it goes on th Tignes side of the Champagny drag, will definitely pay more attention next time!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just had a look on the new map on the website and compared it to my piste map from this April and seen where it actually is... I correct my statement that it isn't that long! We came down the "glacier" run and joined "descente" at it's halfway point it appears. The bottom half then, isn't that hard but disappointed I missed the top half!

Though being up high on the Grande Motte was amazing, getting there first in the funicular then the cable car was a pain and soooo many people Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is from http://www.ifyouski.com/news/newsarticle/?ObjectID=7816515
Quote:
After the Tommeuses chairlift in 2004 and Le Tichot chairlift in 2005, this year Tignes has invested 5.2 million euros to install the new Palafour chairlift. The two 3-seater fixed-grip chairlifts have therefore been replaced by a new detachable chairlift. It has a capacity of 3,600 skiers/ hour and operates at a speed of 5 m/second over a distance of 1.3 km: 5 minutes to get to the top compared to 12 minutes previously!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy