Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Technique for fat or fat/skinny skis.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looks like I'm sold on some Missions, although parlor will call them skinny, they are fatter than my 1080s.

So any differing technique needed, or just let 'em rip Wink

Cheers,

Greg

Desperately trying to work out how to combine work and a pre-Xmas trip to the snow in somehow!!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 14-11-06 19:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, You'll just have to crank them over further to get a decent edge on hardpack - otherwise should be as per normal. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers,

Is the best way of doing this by rolling the knees more, or thinking of pushing big toe/little toe into the snow Charlotte?

cheers,

Greg
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, Build up a little more straight line speed before you crank them over, after that you shouldn't see much difference. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, You should (IMO) think more about anglulation/inclination rather than knee action - that should be your last resort really as it's not terribly good for your knees. Mind you, we were using a fair bit at the PSB Shocked

SMALLZOOKEEPER, You just like going fast don't you? Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As easiski says, also, don't expect as fast a response or turn from them. Go for big, long turns - it'll take a while to get from one edge to the other on fatter skis.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, they were surprisingly useful in short turns, too Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No difference, just ride them rather than drive them.

The Missions are pretty short turning for their size
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT wrote:
No difference, just ride them rather than drive them.

Nicely put!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, when I tried them out at the PSB, I found the big toe/little toe thing was the key to it for me, then once that sunk in the rest followed fairly naturally - angulation/inclination thing at high speed or knees swings at low speed. But, as I'm more and more convinced that it's all a matter of which hook your brain lateches onto to get your body doing what's right, "your mileage may vary". Wear The Fox Hat, they turned easily as well as or better than a skiercross ski for me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy