Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Evening Ski Coaching

Poster: A snowHead
Thought some other sH's in the south east might be interested to know that Bowles dry slope is running monday evening coaching sessions.

I went last week and there were only 2 of us there, but had a great evenings skiing snowHead
Have been in previous years too, and it's really helped my technique, as well as being good exercise and a sociable night out.

It runs from 7.30 til 9.30 and costs £15, Bowles is near to Tunbridge Wells on the Kent/East Sussex border.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps we could get some local snowHead 's to meet for a drink afterwards ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sarah L & ski - I'd love to be able to join you, but after tonight my next Monday off is the 11th December. I wouldn't exactly be a regular attendee Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, Starts a 7:30 - no need to book, feel free to come as infrequently as you please snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm up for a turn or two at Bowles....but I've checked my diary and the first Monday I'm free is 4 December! (I could try for tonight but I'm shattered after a weekend of too much partying and am off home for a soak in the bath and an early night!!!) Will aim for a trip up there on the 4th...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I might just pop up tonight and if I can move on the stuff... Shocked Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michelle, Dont use your new ski's Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linds Laughing Laughing as if Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Michelle,
Quote:

Dont use your new ski's

You can get away with a couple of runs without any problems, just make sure they have the misting system turned on wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What a fun evening snowHead
Unfortunatley Sarah_L couldn't make it as she had to look after her son, but it was great to meet up with Guy again Very Happy Go on, say something... Laughing
Shame that you weren't there either, ski (was it something that I said Shocked Laughing ), but it was lovely to meet Mike.
There was a fair turn out - about six of us, and it was good to find that I could ski on dendix snowHead
Oh - and please tell Mike that I did ice my thumb when I got home rolling eyes Laughing

It's going to be the beginning of December before I can get a Monday evening in again, but I might just be able to make a coffee morning before then Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michelle, Shame I missed you, but glad you had a good time, hope your thumb is not too sore!

Guy and I are planning to go on alternate weeks, unless we can get a babysitter then we'll both be there Very Happy

Strange that Guy says nothing here, whilst at Bowles he can chat for England.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sarah L, usually whilst sitting on the seat at the top of the slope...

(Go on Guy - I dare you to reply NehNeh )
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One thing I did find that shut him up though Sarah - was that when we were leaving I asked him:
Quote:
are these your gloves?

He did look a bit sheepish and said:
Quote:
Sarah's always telling me off for leaving my gloves lying around...
He then went on to say something about spanking... but I shouldn't really post that here...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You could write a book on the places Guy has left his gloves, restaurants, gondolas, ski locker rooms and even at home having completely failed to pack them Very Happy

Think I need to buy two of those strap thingys that attach them to your coat - one for Harvey and one for Guy wink

Quote:

He then went on to say something about spanking... but I shouldn't really post that here...

blimey!!! Shocked - and I thought you two were skiing at Bowles!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ok Ok my first post!

Your beginning to make me sound like a naughty school boy, whilst that sounds like fun I don't think I'd fit in my school uniform anymore!

Anyway, had a great evening - even managed to get a few runs in between chatting.

I think Sarah's going to tie my gloves to my jacket for our next holiday
latest report
Guy Bell, ....after years of lurking!! Have a formal ""Welcome to snowHeads"

I have my gloves tied to my wrists Embarassed it's too expensive to keep replacing them!!
ski holidays
Guy Bell, There, that didn't hurt now did it.... wink
latest report
Guy Bell, welcome to the world of posting, you seem to be trapped in a thread with a lot of nagging women though NehNeh, leave your gloves in here as a placemarker and come join in the chatter elsewhere on the board.
ski holidays
Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
Guy Bell, [cough] Welcome to snowHead Laughing Laughing
Sarah L, don't worry - there was no talk of spanking, I just thought that it might give him an extra incentive wink Laughing
Quote:
Think I need to buy two of those strap thingys that attach them to your coat - one for Harvey and one for Guy wink

He did say that they were on his list to Santa snowHead
ski holidays
Sarah L,
Quote:

Think I need to buy two of those strap thingys that attach them to your coat - one for Harvey and one for Guy

You can get away with a length of elastic threaded thru the arms of Guy Bell, 's jacket wink Mind they're not to long tho snowHead
snow report
Having asked most of you how to find this forum, here we are with my first ever attempt at a message (not without the aid of a safety net! Confused ). Good to see you all at Bowles over the recent weeks - gets the season off to a start, don't you think? Laughing Toz - your friendly instructor at Bowles
snow report
Welcome to snowHead mary simpson, how are our skiers progressing?
ski holidays
mary simpson, Toz - Welcome to snowHead
latest report
In case there is any confusion, Mary is registered on the scheme but I am her partner Toz is my nick-name at Bowles.

I'm not there before xmas unles any of you wish to have a get together beforehand. Very Happy
latest report
mary simpson, Toz....looks like there's a fair few of us...well me, Mr HH, Michelle, Sarah_L and/or Guy Bell will be there on the 11th

Welcome to the mad house!
latest report
mary simpson, and Toz, Hooray!!! you found us Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Definately a gathering planned for early Dec, ski, might pop along too, be good to catch up with a festive beer

Be good to get a few more sH's there too if anyone else fancies an evening of ski coaching, it's Graeme doing the coaching in Dec, and I'm sure he's just as friendly as Toz wink
snow report
Looks like Gray (Mr Michelle for those that don't know) will be there too....he's getting hooked on this skiing lark at last!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone got a bit info on this? Its not amillion miles from me so I'd be interested in going along.
1) Price
2) I don't have any gear (past clothing) - how much does it cost?
3) Can you just turn up?

4) The post is a few weeks old, is it still going on?
snow report
The 11th is ok for me, not sure Iwill ski, but it would be fun to have a drink. We can always go to the local if the bar at Bowles isn't open.

Fenland skier, Guy and Sarah have been coming to Bowles for a few years now, and are expert skiers, Ihave only met Michelle once and although a little nervous, she is comming along nicely.It's a pity that you are so far away.

Have you all seen the snow reports? next weeks downhill from Val is cancelled due to lack of snow, Ihave been watching the ski'ing from Beaver Creek in the usa, 20 inches has fallen in the area in the last 24 hrs, more slalom later on Eursport. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
homphomp wrote:
mary simpson, Toz....looks like there's a fair few of us...well me, Mr HH, Michelle, Sarah_L and/or Guy Bell will be there on the 11th

Welcome to the mad house!

Don't forget Gray Shocked Laughing Laughing
latest report
homphomp wrote:
Looks like Gray (Mr Michelle for those that don't know) will be there too....he's getting hooked on this skiing lark at last!

oops! Laughing
snow report
eddyr wrote:
Anyone got a bit info on this? Its not amillion miles from me so I'd be interested in going along.
1) Price
2) I don't have any gear (past clothing) - how much does it cost?
3) Can you just turn up?
4) The post is a few weeks old, is it still going on?

eddyr - to answer your questions:
1) it's £15 for the two hours coaching - 7:30 to 9:30, every Monday evening
2) boot & ski hire inclusive in the above cost
3) yes!
4) oh yes!

wink

Hope to see you there!
ski holidays
Michelle, That sounds very reasonable indeed, think I'll certainly have to pop along on Monday (See if the missus is up for it too). So hopefully, see you there! It'll also be the first time should I do so, that they'll be a snowhead met in the "outernet"!!!
snow report
eddyr, I'll be in the red sallopettes - make sure you say 'hello'!!
snow conditions
Shall do - what would you recommend as good clothing for there? (gloves, a given)
ski holidays
yes to gloves. Also waterproof trousers, as the water system works well Toofy Grin and long sleeves, I wore my ski jacket on the Monday evening that I went, and baked. The two mornings have been a thinner jumper.
snow conditions
Well just got back not long ago from an evening at Bowles - have to say I really enjoyed it, far more than I had perhaps expected to (had visions of just not getting on with it for some reason)

Started off good when we got lost and ended up walking to the top of the slope, and well -there was only one way down - with a fall to go along with it! Strange feeling, having only 2 weeks experience and no skiing since January, bit of a challenge to begin with, but a lot of fun.

I missed the introductions at the bottom - so who else was there? I was the one in the Grey coat, with the missus, and a friend from work - who went skiing once, 4 years ago (So fair play to him - he was doing pretty well all considered)
ski holidays
eddyr, didn't realise it was you, glad you made it and had a good time. Have you dried out yet Very Happy It was a great evening Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I was there (pink baseball hat, red jacket) as was homphomp and Mr HH, Michelle (in the aforementioned red sallopettes) and Gray, and Paddington Bear and Mr PB, not forgetting Graeme, the instructor (whose sH name escapes me). So a fair few of us for your first sH gathering. snowHead

A few of us are planning on going for a beer afterwards next week if you fancy it?
latest report
My - quite a bigger gathering than I thought! Shall definately consider going out after, have to speak to the boss! (She starts work at 6.30 or thereabouts, and its about an hours cross country drive).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy