Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Well - a little more news regarding the proposed Wrexam dry slope.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If the papers are to be believed work may actually start as early as Feb 2007. Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How long is it due to be and is it Dendix, Permashow, Snowflex or something else. Sounds exciting news, particularly with the conversion of LLandudno.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Taken from various sites - the last is an email from the chairman.

Tree clearing work will begin early next year and the company hopes construction will be completed by 2008.

The largest of the three ski jumps will involve construction of a tower over 100ft high with a run of 55 metres long.

Thank you for your recent email. The plans for the proposed project in Gresford, Wrexham can be seen at the planning office in the Wrexham County Borough Council but, in short, three jumps are contained in the scheme and these are a K15, K30 and a K50. The site is simply not large enough to have hills of a K90 or K120 standard. The intention is for this to be a National Training Centre for Ski Jumping and when participants have reached a required standard the training should then move to Europe if the jumper wishes to improve on their ability towards becoming a possible Winter Olympic competitor for Great Britain.

John Nike

Chairman

Nike Group of Companies
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jane L wrote:
How long is it due to be and is it Dendix, Permashow, Snowflex or something else. Sounds exciting news, particularly with the conversion of LLandudno.
I really don't like the new surface there. Find it really hard to stop on! Great for going faster but I orefer the old stuff!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it's a Nike slope it will presumably be Permasnow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
John Nike has done more to damage the dryslope racing circuit in the last few years than any other person or organisation. Permasnow is awful to ski on and no good to race on.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, I agree. We would happily go to Wrexham for Dendix, but not for Permasnow. On the ski jumping front, I don't think that I want to encourage my kids, but it's good to see something happening in the UK.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They are offering buy one get one free session in dudno if anybody wants to go and sample the slope themselves.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy