Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it normal to be irrationally excited?

Poster: A snowHead
I've just looked at the webcams from Tignes and it's been snowing!!! I'm so irrationally excited, indeed, I was even excited because they had the snow cannons running earlier this week on the webcams.

I just want to rush outside shouting "It's snowing" which would obviously make the neighbours think I'm madder than they already think I am, as it certainly isn't snowing in Tamworth.

I absolutely can't WAIT until Saturday when we head to Tignes!!!!

Do other Snowheads get this irrationally excited whenever they see snow at their destination?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes, I sent 10 text messages this morning to tell people it's snowing in VT - 8 of the recipients won't care at all! I also phoned four people and spent an hour just staring at the webcam.
I feel a bit sick with excitement to be honest.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it's normal. Very Happy I can't keep my eyes off the web cam at VT, I know its going to melt this early in the season but I don't care, it's here, it's started Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I feel very at home here! snowHead I have links to webcams at Val Thorens, Westendorf and Obergurgl on my home page - I'm looking for a good one at Arabba...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, what link are you using for Obergurgl?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Leuzzi, this one:

http://www.obergurgl.at/content.pl/de/livecam.htm?menu=aktuelles

To be honest it isn't very good and I need to find a better one...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
docsquid, Oh yes!!! I am watching the same webcam - 2nd Dec for my snoworks course though snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same here. I've got links to a few webcams on my google homepage too. I've been excited since last week when a circular patch of snow appeared on the run and didn't melt. But this morning, there was almost a whiteout as the webcams were in a snow blizzard. When the blizzard finished and the picture was clear you could see a light dusting of snow. I actually got my other half out of bed to come and see it, i was that excited!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ndocsquid, yes it's totally normal, I've been looking at Ischgl's webcam every day recently and have watched the mountains turning from green to white. I'm there in 7 weeks or however long it is til Christmas snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Absolutely. I've been saving Panorama's every day, quite interesting to see the snow grow Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Probably known to all of you resort voyeurs, but just found

www.snoweye.com

Pretty good actually
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eddyr, is that the REAL snow, or the snow from the snow cannons ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's normal hereabouts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Odin, Both actually - which is rather pleasing to see. At this rate it should be plenty deep enough come January! See:

http://www.panoramaresort.com/mountain/Base+Area+Webcam/index.htm
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have a daily look at the Whistler webcams Very Happy
snow report
I tick off the number of sleeps (its in the 70's!) and check the webcam at least twice daily !
latest report
It's rational to be irrationally excited because if you divide the cost of your ski hol by the number of hours skiing, it's ridiculously expensive. But if you divide it by the number of hours of irrational excitement it's cheaper than chips (and less fattening).
snow report
74 days, 16 hours, 13 minutes, and 52 seconds to Saalbach, but who's counting? wink
snow report
FenlandSkier, How many sleeps till MSB and the EOSB? Laughing
snow report
 brian
brian
Sorry, where was the "irrational" bit ? Razz
snow conditions
It is perfectly normal to be mad. Ask your mad friends: I'm sure they'll agree.
If it is normal to go a bit mad at the sight of, say, an exposed and offered breast - why not exposed and offered snow. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
brian, exactly!
ski holidays
brian, and Annie, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm still over-excited by what can only be described as a light dusting of snow. I'd be bouncing around if I hadn't kn*ckered myself over the weekend with weights training and a 30-odd mile bicycle ride. At least Mr Docsquid is just as excited as I am.
ski holidays
docsquid, I think it is part of the terms and conditions of this site that you become irrationally excited in such circumstances... snowHead I'm excited, and I'm not even going to Tignes!
snow conditions
I know perfectly what you mean. I phoned my better half to tell her the ebcam shows first snow fallen in Les Carroz and she thanked me for phoning her with "such useless information". Glad it isn't just me who gets this irrational urge to shout it from the rooftops Very Happy
snow report
docsquid, I'm with you all the way. Mrs Axs and I are off to Tignes on Friday 24th for the season opening on 25th. I'll be happy just to put skis on snow up on the Grand Motte but it 's looking like there might be a piste or two open below the glacier Whoopeee! Very Happy
latest report
docsquid, Totally normal! Even hearing you talk about getting excited has made my stomach go all excited!

I'm planning on Tignes / Val D for Christmas this year - first Christmas I will ever have spent outside Blighty!

It's weird though, with the weather so warm over here this year, it's hard to believe it's really SNOWING over there...

Woo Hoo!!!! snowHead
snow report
SkiBod, SkiBod, we'll be there (Tignes) 19th - 26th Dec too, If you fancy a glass or two and a drunken exchange of profanities we'll be up for it Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AxsMan, A glass or two is not in the SkiBod, vocab. You will need to stick on at least a zero.
snow report
Yeah but SkiBod's glasses come with corks in the end. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Floppy the Snotman, Noted. sounds workable. Have been known to occasionally exceed the two halves and a packet of crisps myself! Very Happy
ski holidays
Is it that close? (goes to check) I've got 56 days, 17 hours and 18 minutes to go! Shocked

I think I'll start checking those webcams now! snowHead
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, Now that starts to sound like a challenge! Laughing
latest report
RichardB, 11 days for me! (going out for the opening weekend ) woo hoo!! Very Happy
snow report
It isn't irrational...
snow report
AxsMan wrote:
RichardB, 11 days for me! (going out for the opening weekend ) woo hoo!! Very Happy

Where are you off to?
snow conditions
RichardB, Tignes November 25th to 28th, then again Dec 19th - 26th. Went to Val D last Christmas and had a blast. Thought we'd try Tignes as its neaer the Glacier if the snows a bit thin Very Happy
snow report
Nice one AxsMan, unfortunately I can't get Christmas or even New Year off where I work Crying or Very sad but I suppose 10 days at Banff in January will help eleviate the disapointment! snowHead
snow conditions
RichardB, It'll certainly soften the blow! Very Happy
snow report
I was watching the snow fall at Squaw Valley and I got so excited it put me in a great mood for the rest of the day! Unfortunately all the nearby resorts are bone dry - too darn warm still! Hopefully Crystal gets some snow by thanksgiving! Snowhot might have a visitor! wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy