Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resort for a post accident nervous skier???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Les gets added bonus the runs are on pasture. Less rocks to test your new helmet wink Good luck what you are doing takes reals guts. I'ms sure you'll have no problems with your confidence
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

We live in La Clusaz and January + March are fab times to ski as the Frenchies are back at school and work and the place is nice and quiet! Especially the long greens and blues which will be ideal for you to get back into it.

Here, here! I'll be going back to La Clusaz for the 4th time this year. I don't usually like going back to the same place but I love La Clusaz. We usually stay in the Etale area (Merdassier) which has quiet piste side accomodation through Interhome. It would be perfect for the nervous skier.

We're also having a week down the road in Le Grand Bornand.

I've also been to Megeve but I wasn't so keen (old lifts, fog, expensive).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Mum has been skiing for years but is probably the most nervous skier I've ever skied with. She's a regular at Les Saisies,

I've no idea if its good or not but her opinion of it is very high. Bear in mind this is a woman who will happily condemn a resort/mountain/season/country (probably all three) as useless if its a tad icy in the pm/snow too deep/snow too hard/wrong colour/soft/falling at the wrong angle etc etc. You get the picture I'm sure . goodl uck with the trip wherever you decide to go and if you've not got one already buy a skid lid.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, Chris M-J, we are going to Obertauern too, chosen for its shorter runs that all go back to the town, good snow record, uncrowded pistes and lots of greens/blues that form a Circuit around the mountains. We are doing it DIY, made easy with a good Tourist Office website, booked the hotel direct and the transfer through a taxi company listed on the Salzburg Airport Website. The Good Skiing and Snowboard Guide suggests for beginners: Cervinia, Flaine, Livigno, Mayrhofen, Saas-Fee, Soldeu, and Wengen. But I’ve heard that Mayrhofen has a problem with overcrowded runs/lifts back to the town.

Snow sure resorts listed are: Cervinia, kaprun, Oberggurgl-Hochgurgl Obertauern, Saas- fee, Solden, Tgnes, Val Thorens and Zermatt.

I’m a nervous skier myself, and struggled in Saalbach/Hinterglemm, though the place is fantastic for everything else!

Cervinia in Italy is very nervous-skier friendly, (and I see they are opening a new lift from the village that will avoid the up hill hike to the lifts). Lots of wide, nearly empty blues that give you plenty of time and space to think, good mountain food, but for some, the runs are a bit bland and often seem the same! The town is nothing to shout about, but adequate, certainly not as ugly as some French ones!

But for ambiance, good food, picture postcard views, cleanliness in the public loos and hotels, and value for money, you can’t beat Austria and it has a brilliant snow record for the last few years. Check out sites like www.ifyouski.com and read the users reports of the various resorts to get more insight.

Obertauern’s website is http://www.obertauern.com
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Herman Tryer, Goodness Shocked, Grampa . . . what red braces you wear wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, Your cryptic post prompted me to look for Traxvax. I could not find it. So I had to do a search, where I find that they have decided to sling their hook.

I have never had dealings with them but they were almost part of the furniture on Snowheads. Their spamming did not unduly bother me, but I assume the subsequent mickey-taking proved too much for them in the end. Shame.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Latchigo, I really thought (without any disparaging intent) that there were bigger balls and better judgment for the forgiving nature of sHs. It takes much less effort to listen and react to the community feelings than to spit dummy and booger off 'cos you don't want to adapt to your market rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went to Obetauern last year in high season, though the pistes would not compare to the really busy resorts I would not really of described them as being quiet. The guide books suggest that later in the season if the snow is poor elsewhere in the region there are quite a few skiers bussed in. I thought it a great ski area and would certainly recommend it to many skiers but I am not sure that if I was trying to avoid busy pistes as far as possible it would be high on my list.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque, I have no idea what you are talking about, but you do appear to be consistent. I wonder whether anyone has any idea what you are talking about.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Herman Tryer, guest book?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque, Are you saying that Herman Tryer, is a david@traxvax in disguise.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris M-J, back on topic, have a think about Livigno . . . a bit off the beaten track but it does have an extraordinary amount of short learning piste that's down near the bars and is steeper than most. There are also gondola lifts (there and back) to big open blues that are a hoot to hammer down. The village has a good craique.

Frosty the Snowman, how would I know wink . . . I'm sure that there are better nervous skier resorts . . . across the valley in Vallandry to begin with.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque, I don't know who you are, but I know who I am. In fact I know David very well, I've known him for over 20 yrs and last year we stayed in his chalet, I liked La Rosiere so much we've booked to back this year with a bigger group. My only connection to his company is as a satisfied customer, David suggested I should join this forum, although with idiots like you around I wonder why I bothered. Your supposed knowledge also appears to me, to be very much over-hyped, you stated that La Rosiere is no different from 1,500 other resorts, well why not do a search on International skiing and see how many results you get, then try searching on more than 150kms of pistes and compare the result to your estimated 1,500. Aren't you building a database of ski resorts? I'll bet that's going to be worth seeing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Herman Tryer, Intense message man, intense . . . the least of which you should have put in Trax's guest book. Goodness me Shocked a "150kms of pistes" is the measure of a resort? The "database" as you put it (and are remarkably well informed for a "new member") has many resorts that have less than 10Km of piste and are far more interesting, entertaining or challenging than La Ros . . . round the corner from you in Sainte-foy for a start.

JEEZUS David, strap on a truss and stop p¡ssing about with sock puppets. There are plenty of people here (including me) that are happy to hear from your experience but are tired of the omnipresent eulogising of La Ros . . . nice resort . . . not Shangri la. . . grow a pair.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris M-J, Congrats in getting back in to the bindings so soon. I had a broken leg and wanted to get back in a gentle resort. I went to Soldeu in Andorra, fantastic holiday dancing on tables and everything. The resort does not have intimidating runs and I am sure would tick the boxes for you with possibly the exception of a long tranfer.

Keep smiling and keep skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy