Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith course -will it be a bit of a penance ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had read all the Snowheads posts on Snoworks and Warren Smith. I have Warren Smith's DVD.

I know I need some sort of tuition, so I have booked and I hope that the week will be beneficial.

However, at the back of my mind, I have the feeling that the whole thing will be a bit of a penance. Skiiing around at 3mph with boots unclipped, instead of being out and about on the mountain like everybody else ?

Anbody who has done the full week care to comment ?

By the way, has anybody noticed the resemblance between Warren Smith and the broadcaster Robert Elms ? Both are ginger, both speak with London/estuary accents. Perhaps Warren Smith plays obscure soul records in his spare time and has anecdotes about Acton, Ealing and other places of note in the capital ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latchigo, When are you going as there's a few snowHead on the 20th Jan 07 week.

Warren's style is to work a bit on specific exercises then take what's learnt on to the mountain, be it carving, steeps, freeride or moguls - but still with your boots undone wink. I can here him now "ankle flex, ankle flex".

I hope your drinking's up to scratch as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, I am going in March.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchigo, Most people who go on a week's course (can't talk about WS particularly) seem to think it won't be anything but hard work before they go. Then they discover that working on you skiing can also be fun! then you become a lesson junkie! Are you fitter than at the EOSB? If not then you should do some work on this before you go. Not wishing to offend. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Latchigo,

Me and mrs pielot did his course last year in mid december. Not a penance at all and definately set us up to have one of our best seasons ever! You will however be doing a lot of skiing so a bit of pre-season fitness will not go amiss! The whole mountain was not yet open when we were there, and until the last day the conditions were a little sketchy (not to be entirely unexpected 10th dec), as a result we spent a lot of time on a select few pistes with lots of drills which actually saved the week in my opinion - just hooning the same piste repatedly would have been a killer. That said, I am certain that Warren and his team will vary their delivery to make the most of the available conditions.

To confirm all that we had been taught it dumped on the last day, and conditions which would have certainly hampered us previously ( if not simply put me on my ar*e), were enjoyable and fun - more pow please! snowHead

Be prepared for brutal honesty and a considered deconstruction of your skiing but put the work in over the week and I am sure you will feel the results!(personally I prefer this approach to the very very nice instructors who just want you to come back next year and tell you what you want to hear - just my 2p)...... and yes... ankle flex and DOMINATE THE BOOT!!!!! Cool Very Happy I am sure I will be back on one of his courses in the future!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can't wait for Jan now must get to the gym...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been on three of Warren's courses...

Reviews are here:

September 2003 - Saas-Fee
September 2004 - Saas-Fee
December 2004 - Verbier

Yes you'll spend lots of time doing drills, but it's good fun and you'll learn lots!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ianmacd,
Quote:

I can't wait for Jan now must get to the gym...

I keep saying the same thing to myself Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Latchigo, referring to your point about Robert Elms - there is a certain similarity. However on the flyleaf of his book Elms is described thus 'Elms finds himself at the epicentre of hip eighties London. As lead writer for the new style bible, the FACE, his pronouncements - on what to wear and what not to wear, what to listen to and how to achieve cool, dictated youth taste to the post punk generation'

I now have an image of cool new romantics poncing around the streets of London dressed head to toe in Oakley attempting to achieve ultimate ankle flex, and a collection of intermediate/advanced skiers dressed like Spandau Ballet attempting to get down Tortin.

On a more serious note - you'll really enjoy the course and notice a big improvement in your skiing by the end of the week
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steeze, steaze...

Check my bad self - got my punta-steeze down right, no diggidy.... (whats wrong with spandau ballet!)

Now if I could just get my handshake sorted. pound/slap/grab decisions decisions!

edited for spooling! NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy