Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Celebrity Ski Tuning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These work well as a portable ski bench they are light weight and easily portable as well as a lot cheaper than the Bartlett option http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct.asp?PID=18088&MAN=Draper-1000mm-X-800mm-Pair-Of-Fold-Down-Trestles
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spyderjon wrote:
JimW, basically as SnowHot & rob@rar have said.

I'll PM you the cost.

spyderjon could you PM me with the cost of your DVD as well.

Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tried laying bricks once....absolute disaster.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sage, I've sent you a PM.

Floppy the Snotman, get down to Nottm & I'll get you sorted. My son's a bricky so we can make it a double lesson.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well done spyderjon, I thought this thread was an idea for a bad reality TV programme!
You could be the Gordon Ramsey of ski tuning! hehe Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Does anyone know of a good place to get my skis tunned for the forthcomming season in the East Midlands area, having read this this i am not brave enough to have a go myself.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jtobin03 wrote:
Does anyone know of a good place to get my skis tunned for the forthcomming season in the East Midlands area, having read this this i am not brave enough to have a go myself.

IF you can get to Nottingham, Jon is your man!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jtobin03, I've taken the liberty of PM'ing you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanx
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jtobin03, Stuff on it's way but I'd recommend editing your post to remove your email address to keep the spammers away.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon wrote:
SnowHot, here's my top tune assuming a grind or base repairs aren't required:

Set/confirm base edge to 1 degree & side edge to 3 degrees (which are the Atomic specs). Polish base edges using 600 & 1500 grits to avoid over bevelling. Polish side edges using 100, 200, 400, 600 1500 diamond files. Deburr edge but do not detune tip's'tails. Hot wax/scrape base to clean, brass brush to clean/open structure, steel brush to add a little extra structure then fibrepad to knock-off the peaks. Hot wax with Dominator Zoom Renew base prep wax, cool & scrap. Brass brush again then hot wax with Dominator Zoom Lime universal wax, cool & scrape. Clean out structure with brass brush then polish with horsehair & nylon brushes. All base & edge work is done by hand to minimise material removed, as opposed to store machines which remove way too much material. Then you're good to go.

On most Atomic's you might first have to cut back the sidewall to allow that a clean 3 degree side angle can be maintained in the future. I use a Skiman sidewall cutter with the round blade & then blend in the 'top edge' of the side edge into the sidewall by back filing using a 6 degree guide. The top edge of sidewall is then rounded & polished with files & fibrepads or a dremel if you've got the gear & a steady hand.

The Dominator Lime Z400 uni wax (or the Z400G which is the same with graphite) is really great due to it's wide operating temperature range. You can get it from most quality outlets in the US or direct from www.dominatorwax.com

I was getting ready for Stowe, so I looked back on this to glean from your advice.
Thanks.

BTW, you never answered my original question..............does the speedsuit add 10 lbs??? wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnowHot, B5 owners don't need speed suits as they're fast enough wink. Also Spyder don't make them in my size Embarassed.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon, are you sure about the size? I'm sure they make them in my size and I WON't be wearing one any time soon. Trust me!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Charlatanefc, me & Nick C were talking about making getting together with spyderjon, maybe join us?

I've already been and it was well worth it, I would just come along to watch,chat and pick up some more tips if the two of you are going.
Nothing to do with the Beer on offer as well. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy