Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whats your weapon of choice, the one set up you will use mostly this coming season

Poster: A snowHead
fatbob, with the new style skiboards coming out, soft snow/powder is not an issue anymore. lots of these new models are great for backcountry/off piste use.
graeme
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

<3 the Snowheads that recommended me them...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jono, Good choice Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jono, They look nice.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jono, so whats the difference between those and the worldcup ? (Easiski's favorite & now mine) Im still slightly confused - especially after trying to demo the SL version at the PSB - they wernt on demo, they where the ski-tech's owh that I picked up !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
lampbus, The WC version is stiffer.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

they wernt on demo, they where the ski-tech's owh that I picked up !

lampbus, That was soooooo funny
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Floppy the Snotman, I got very excited when I saw them too - was put right in my place! Sad I would sooooooooooooooooooo like to have aslide on a pair of the race department ones.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some Radical 175 Freeriders sitting in my lounge just gagging for use......
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some Radical 175 Freeriders sitting in my lounge just gagging for use......
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Atomic Metron B5's

Tecnica Diablo's

I had so much fun on these last season - bring on the snow snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here is what intend to be my mainly used item this season:

Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lampbus,

Yes, that was classic....... just go and nick the tech's personal skis why don't you..????? Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller, with straight skis I'm not sure I reckon there'd be a massive amount of difference between 210 GS skis and (223-13) DH skis anyway. Certainly not in 30cm of freshies down the face of Mont Gele...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
crjbaggy, Good choice!
snow report
Bode Swiller, Sweet... way back then (or at least when one could ski GS on 210s and DH on 223s) was there much difference between the one and the other with 13cms removed? Happy
snow report

edit: Thats the 07-08 Head Monster iM82 incase you weren't sure!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 14-05-07 19:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I shall be in my Tecnica Diablo Magmas (in a fetching size 27.5) atop my Elan Magfire 10s in 168.

and if I haven't turned my battered Crossmax V12s into coat hooks then they're likely to be appearing on a dry slope before taking a place in Chalet Wensam's guest supply.
ski holidays
Head Monster iM82 for me too Smile
ski holidays
I've Just seen a post from November last year, from Kiwi1.

It states that he will be buried with his karmas, for use in another life.

Would they be the karmas I bought from you Kiwi1? rolling eyes NehNeh
snow conditions
David Murdoch, are you repeating on yourself?
latest report
george_1 wrote:
I've Just seen a post from November last year, from Kiwi1.

It states that he will be buried with his karmas, for use in another life.

Would they be the karmas I bought from you Kiwi1? rolling eyes NehNeh

Embarassed yeah they're the ones but I don't need them back until I'm dead. In the mean time I'll be using the Icelantic Nomads in 168.
snow report
hmmmmm

i'm pretty fond of a pair of Stockli GS skis....

Looking for a pair of elan GS skis in race stock in a 176... green things... for racing on....

but my new pair of stockli laser sl's can wait until i get home i think.... or maybe not...

and if i go skiing in colorado again i'm buying a pair of really fat things to have ready for skiing with one of my young buddies on powder days...
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
lampbus, The WC version is stiffer.

You're telling me! I have a pair of 165mm RC4 SL's that are absolutely fantastic in all conditions up to about 3pm in the afternoon after which they get fed up with my lack of ability and stamina and proceed to eject me coming out of hard turns at every opportunity. IMO the best ski I have every tried.
snow report
I am thinking about some Fisher RX8s - or similar - for piste work - for next season. Main problem is how to get that ace idea past Mrs a - the Missions got past the 'Ways and Means' committee on the basis that they were great for all conditions.
snow conditions
My rock skis will be Legend 8000 in 184 cms

This year I have mostly been on Seth Pistols from a couple of years back in 189cm (the one with the union jack flag on the back with has now been thankfully filled in with some black p-tex).

Next year I will hopefully be on some Black Crows with 186 cm
ski holidays
smolo, That should be easy with their test center just down stairs! I belive 'Navis' is the name you're looking for. wink
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Nordica Enforcer 185cm. January: a little something new from K2. Cool

Pontoons? They look awesome Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
toiletduckuk, I've dropped the K2 idea, their skis offered nothing new. The Coomber looked interesting but the contruction is a little light, perfect for those wanting an ultralight 'Phat' setup, i guess, but likesmolo, we'll all be playing with 'Black Crows' and 'Nordica' next winter. I love the 'Black Crows' thing my surname is Rooke. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I've started the 08 ski shopping already Embarassed. Never had skis wider than my 81mm foils... should be an experience. Pontoons look cool 'cos I always wondered what strapping a snowboard to each foot would do - looking forward to next season's testing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
wow this thread is back, i already have my new boards for 08, hagan/off limits 130's. have also crossed over to the darkside and have releasable bindings, alpine touring bindings though, fritschi freerides. been quite busy so far with my 08 kit, have some very good snowshoes and telescopic poles just begging for some fun.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I thought this was you having a word in your guide's ear.....but then remember you were a Rooke and not a pratt.
ski holidays
Same as the last 2 years. Loose a few pounds this year and they will hopefully give me as much enjoyment as they did in the season just gone.
latest report
petemillis wrote:
atop my Elan Magfire 10s in 168.

Mag 10s???
I'll be up on my Mag 12s Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy