Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where's the best early snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya dudes, booked first feb week in st anton and i guess that woke the ski gremlin in me and now i just hve to get to the mountains asap!

Looking for a quick 4 day thurs to mon in mid dec, I've never been that early what resorts generally come up trumps?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plectrum, from experience, Tignes? If cost not too much of an issue, it's well worth taking the train to get the extra day's skiing in. The overnight arrives at Bourg St Maurice early am and departs late evening.

I went about 3 years ago at the same time and the conditions were great - and there is always the glacier if snow is a bit limited.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yah cool i was also wondering about zermatt or hintertux
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a good mid December week in Tignes, too. On a course (which is a really good way of getting into the season). Not everything was open, maybe because of insufficient demand for the uplift, but there was plenty available, not just the glacier, and the slopes were very quiet. In an average sort of year you should be OK though there are exceptions, like last year, when early snow in the Espace Killy was not good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went to Val Thorens a couple of years back - for a week mid dec. The snow was ok - a tad limited and the rest of the 3 valleys ski area wasn't linked, but it was good snow and the weather was nice. The last night there (dec 17th/18th if I rememeber correctly) it dumped it down and the snow was lush.... typical really! Hoping it starts to snow NOW, in time for when I'm out in Dec Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cee wrote:
Hoping it starts to snow NOW, in time for when I'm out in Dec Very Happy

It is Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
plectrum, If you were to go now, I would say go to Austria. Hintertux has 41 km piste open and has significantly more skiing than the glacier at Tignes. However, lots could change by the middle of December.

There was a lot of snow last week in Austria and some of the lower resorts were planning to open this weekend - it will be interesting to see if they do. Reiteralm (part of the schladming 4 peaks) at only 1900m max was one such place.

You couldn't go wrong by planning for Hintertux, and then going lower if things became available. That is what I would do, book Salzburg flights and then see what happens. Somewhere like Obertauern may well be open then (it generally opens Nov-May) and that is just a short shuttle (at €39 from Salzburg).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cool thanks ray
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've been skiing mid December in Tignes the last three seasons and have never been disappointed. Apart from last year we even managed some of the offpiste itineraries. We always stay in Les Boisses and have always managed to ski down to the hotel ie well below le lac Cant beat that in many resorts.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ummm... Colorado! This year is shaping up very well so far. And we're due for another 10-15" over the next 2 days or so.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ssh, ah yes, but difficult to do in 4 days.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy