Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More awesome skiing videos

Poster: A snowHead
Some great "real world" skiing here....

No need to tell you which world class resort this was filmed in......

http://www.yamakei.co.jp/ORG/dvd/913900.wmv

http://www.yamakei.co.jp/ORG/dvd/913380.wmv
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not looked at them but I can only assume you are alluding to Milton Keynes or possibly the legendary Merseyside venue - Bebington Oval.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More videos from La Rosiere?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think you might appreciate the lines of skiier No;2...... Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not bad - but doesn't really finish his turns.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It doesn't look like Bansko to me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No 2 can give me a private lesson if she plays her cards right!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gordyjh wrote:
Not bad - but doesn't really finish his turns.

That's a bit like saying Bode Miller doesn't finish his turns. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
veeeight, He doesn't appear to be carving his moguls either! wink rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
veeeight,
I could of sworn that skier ones feet were together half way through the moguls Puzzled

I have to admit I didn't concentrate on the feet of skier two though snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The All-mountain skier is one of the best examples I have seen on video, of highly skilled, dynamic technical skiing.

Yes there are a few technical flaws here and there (no one is perfect) - but this video is not about demonstrating perfect technique.

This is dynamic technical all mountain skiing.

The terrain, as I know it well, is advanced terrain, and on the whole is ungroomed (apart from the Saddle shot where is it icy at the top, and hardpack the rest of the way down). Most of the off-piste is a black diamond rating, some on double-black diamonds. Those bumps are the size of VW beetles, on steep terrain.

If I were to show a video of a good dynamic technical skiier - this one would be it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is there a particular reason why my new hard drive has problems playing these vids - it's prattling on about an invalid handle or something.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
veeeight,
My comment was a little tongue in cheek, I thoroughly enjoyed both videos and thought the skiing fantastic, thanks for pointing it out. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T Bar, 'sright, my post wasn't directed at you! Very Happy

Just in case (heaven forbid) anyone on this forum thought the skiing was so-so (as someone did on another forum rolling eyes ) Little Angel

marc gledhill, you could always try to Right-Click, Save Target As, instead of trying to stream it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
veeeight wrote:
Just in case (heaven forbid) anyone on this forum thought the skiing was so-so (as someone did on another forum rolling eyes ) Little Angel

Shocked Really? I'd love to be a so-so skier! Wink
snow conditions
veeeight, thanks - that worked fine.

Great stuff snowHead
ski holidays
that was great to watch.

Anyone know anything more about this guy, what skis he's on, who he is, etc. Oh and what resort it is Embarassed And how can I get that good. Laughing
ski holidays
If I ever get anywhere close to being able to ski like that I will be a happy man!! Perhaps if I gave up my job and did nothing but ski I might. Toofy Grin
snow report
[quote="veeeight"]
Just in case (heaven forbid) anyone on this forum thought the skiing was so-so (as someone did on another forum rolling eyes )

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! Shocked rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes Excellent skiing - no points for guessing which forum I suppose?
snow conditions
Anyone know who skier one is, so I can pay him to teach me? Or who skier two is, so I can get her telephone number? Toofy Grin wink
latest report
slikedges, skiben,

The guys name is Hisaya Sato, 2005 All Japan Technical Ski Champion.

The video was shot in Whistler Blackcomb, BC.

You can read more about him (recommended) Click Here

and

You can buy that ski training DVD for 3200Yen or approx US$27.00, bargian, Click Here

Skier No.2 is Aiko Uemura, 5th place, Womens Moguls Torino 2006. Also video'd at Whistler Blackcomb. Can't help you with her phone number, I'm afraid. Besides which it'll do no good for your blood pressure.
snow conditions
veeeight, hmmm, not sure the editorial style of the article does him a lot of favours, at least for a Western reader. Still obviously a most accomplished skier - even if he doesn't finish his turns properly Laughing

I remember seeing Uemura compete - come to think of it I'd happily have a bumps lesson with most of her competitors too!
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Mmmm, like the white suit, he could finish that ensemble nicely with a burberry scarf Toofy Grin
snow report
That is how I wanna be able to ski after I get back from my 3rd week (in total) of skiing, I'll let you know about my progress. I must say even after 1 week it looks pretty similar.
snow conditions
veeeight wrote:
You can buy that ski training DVD for 3200Yen or approx US$27.00, bargian, Click Here

veeeight - what language(s) is it in?
ski holidays
PhillipStanton,

Subtitles: None
Audio Track :
Japanese: Dolby Digital Stereo
ski holidays
i think her phone number is on the vid.... wink
ski holidays
mr.nice.guy, Shocked Laughing Laughing wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy