Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flows (Not a "are they good or bad" topic)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I spent all year convincing my partner that what I really wanted for Christmas was a set of Flow Bindings.

I've read all the topics I can find on this website and still want them.

We're heading out to Canada two days after Christmas, so I am hoping to get a good bargain whilst we're there.

However I've read one comment on another website (yes I do stray from here occasionally), that suggested that backs couldn't be folded down to fit on a roof rack.

Now I have no interest what so ever in doing this, but I do want to pack my board and bindings into the bag together, without dismantling for travelling.

Could someone who has a set of Flows please tell me if this is possible.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey snowboardvicky.
My mate used to have flows and he fitted them into a really small (one board) bag no probs without taking them off.
However my advice would be to take them off your board and wrap them in a towel or your jacked as if you bag is small then the bindings stick out a bit and can get caught on things in transport. I have seen a high back off one of my own bindings sheered off as it must have hit something in transit Evil or Very Mad . If i had taken them off this would be more unlikely to happen.
I now have a coffin bag so no need to remove them.
Razz
Have a good trip. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roastingdave, Thanks for that.

We currently have two bags for our boards. One's just a simple slip in type. The other is padded around the outside, unzips around three side , is this what's meant by a coffin bag?

I tend to fill up the bags with other stuff anyway.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I usually put mine in a slide in board bag, with the backs folded down, never had any problems.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have Flows. The backs will fold down, but only if you unclip one side of the toe piece, lift it up, fold down the backs, then clip the toe piece back over the top. I think that keeps them fairly safe, though obviously any bindings take up a bit of room.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
I have Flows. The backs will fold down, but only if you unclip one side of the toe piece, lift it up, fold down the backs, then clip the toe piece back over the top. I think that keeps them fairly safe, though obviously any bindings take up a bit of room.

I do the same. Had Flows since I started and the fit fine in my skinny bag.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to all of you.

It's so good to get real answers.

I can now continue to press the point that this is what I want for Christmas !!

Six weeks today till I'm back on the slopes!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't be lazy it takes all of a minute to unbolt each binding when travelling Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob,
Quote:

Don't be lazy it takes all of a minute to unbolt each binding when travelling

But you lose a whole minute's boarding Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowboardvicky,

A "coffin" bag is basically a huge bag that is pretty deep and resembles a coffin in the way it looks. Think the dimensions of my one are 1.2m x 60cm x 40cm. i fit 3 boards, 2 sets of bindings and 2 sets of boots in with the usual fillers like socks and thermals. I even fitted my fiancee in for a laugh but she wouldnt let me zip it up....boohisss. wink

Anyway, have a fantastic trip and I hope santa is good to you.
Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just an update...

I did go ahead and buy a set of Flow Pro bindings whilst I was out in Canada last week.
They took a bit of getting used to. Having to be stood up to put them on does take a bit of practice (balance), but it soon becomes easier.
Also the first time I put them on in the morning with boots and bindings dry was a complete pain. Once I'd done one run down the whole thing was simple.

But yes they are worth it to beable to get moving quicker.

The straps were more comfy than my old bindings.

I did take the straps off for transport, but not the whole bindings as they didn't seem to lie as flat as standard bindings.

I'm so glad I bought them.

PS. The weather in Jasper was brilliant. So much snow!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
whats the rush.. surely doing up proper bindings gives you time to finish your chair lift smoke.. yes the one you though you would keep om the go getting of the chair that makes you fall over for no reason other than its there. marlboro lights must have extra gravity in them
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry, don't smoke !

But I do have a brother who skis and is pleased he doesn't have to wait quite as long for me now!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy