Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smallzookeeper Thanks for your help! Dalbello Kryptons......Perfection!

Poster: A snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flexon Phil wrote:
Fox, did you get the 26 or 27 shell?

Smallzookeeper wrote:

See, SZK is answering for Fox too.

And Fox told us he had small features?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, would that be 248F then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, I had to do some work there!

Part three may come later.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, that's right, he's more likely to know about fox's boots than fox!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I called around yesterday and found Don Orr Ski Shop, has Dalbello. I talked to their Boot guy for a few minutes and am thrilled to find that he is knowledgable, and eager to help me out. I am suposed to call the first of next week to set an apt to get them fitted correctly by someone who knows what they're doing.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowHot, my advice would be to get a flight to Geneva, rent a car, drive up to Chamonix, and get SZK to do it properly for you...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, I'll put my travel agent right on that! wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well friends, I got my boots thermo fitted.
Jeff, from Don Orr Ski Shop, was very knowledgable and eager to explain the procedure and his expectations, including suggestions for me.

There is only one thing he said differently than the advice I'd gotten from a fellow Dalbello Devil:
I was told that they would put a neoprene cap over my toes during the thermofit procedure to ensure wiggle room for toes. Jeff from Don Orr said he will do that if absolutly necessary but that it a method used for "wimps" He suggested I try them without the extra toe room, and if necessary, he could do a second thermo fit with the neoprene toe caps. I am trusting his expertise and did it Jeffs way.

It was a good experience over all. I live close enough that he suggested I ski on them a few times before making any alterations to the boots. At this time I find them to be a very nice fit, although my toes are a bit snug(imagine that?)

The question for SMALLZOOKEEPER, is, do you use the toe cap during a thermo fit or do you suggest leaving the fit more snug? Honestly, I think I'd prefer a little more wiggle room in the toes.

Here they are with my scared legs wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnowHot, Always use toe caps. Even on liners with neoprene toe pockets. As for wimps, try it with the toe caps! For me alot of information is gathered this way, comfort threshold etc. By the way, he got the wrap-around on your liners the wrong way around! The outside should be the outside!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you know, for a smart girl, I sure went into this boot thing knowing absolutly nothing.

He didn't get my liners wrong, I did. When I was trying to put them on quickly for the picture, I was trying to remember which way they went. Now that you told me, I put them back on the right way, and they feel better. Thanks I won't forget this again.

My toes do feel a bit cramped but I think I may try to ski them once before I commit to reheating them.

This particular shop says that he sells a lot of the Men's Krypton Pros but doesn't even stock the Ladies, Krypton Storm.
After meeting with me, he may just change his tune.

One more question.
Do disposable toe warmers effect the Intuition liner?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnowHot - if it makes you feel any better I've done that with mine!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SnowHot, Not sure about these things, however i'm sure they wont reach the temperature needed to deform the liner. If i were selling boots too big, i wouldn't use toe caps, a precise fit and you have to use them or the boots feel too small.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, These boots are definitely a precise fit. So, what you're saying is, if I go back and have them reheated and use toe caps for the fitting, I am NOT a wimp?

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 4-12-06 12:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PhillipStanton, Thanks, that does make me feel a bit better. I just thought I was a little too blonde Embarassed
snow conditions
Because you like to be cofortable, does that make you a wimp? I think the extemeties are something to be careful over, the fact that you are considering boot warmers suggest a little more space for the toes wouldn't be a bad thing. The only reason i create presure in the toe box, is for Slalom skiers and freestylers as if they find themselves in the back seat the recovery is quicker.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Have I told you that I think you're awesome!!!
Thanks, I'll be getting them reheated as soon as I can get back in there.

BTW.....Flexon Phil told me about the toe caps and was very surprised that this guy didn't fit me with them right away. I think you and Phil must be twins. You seem to agree on nearly everything.
latest report
LZK,

I guess I am the Dalbello Devil SH is refering to. When I did thermorlex liners, I didn't use a toe cap, but some paper between the toes for more space. The ID liner is a beefier liner up front and my first mold of these I did it w/o a cap and it was indeed snug (I guess I am a wimp), my second mold was with the proper toe cap and is much better. I was also confused on why he used a thick sock vs. a thin one. Note also, SH is having the Silver liner molded, I have the Gold.
snow conditions
Flexon Phil, That will be SZK, the other 'ZK is a Tottenham fan and not to be confused! Toofy Grin
If i'm right, the differences between gold and silver is the renforcement in the shin area, i work with both and can't see too many other differences, therefore this won't effect anatomical fit around the foot. We cap every boot, standard, thermofit and injection liners. I can't see why you wouldn't.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Flexon Phil, That will be SZK, the other 'ZK is a Tottenham fan and not to be confused! Toofy Grin
If i'm right, the differences between gold and silver is the renforcement in the shin area, i work with both and can't see too many other differences, therefore this won't effect anatomical fit around the foot. We cap every boot, standard, thermofit and injection liners. I can't see why you wouldn't.

I didn't because I couldn't, I didn't have any caps, so I made makeshift ones. But I agree with you, there should be some for of volume created these. The byproduct is a pocket that will create warmth for your toes too.
snow conditions
How big an ankle pocket cap?
latest report
comprex wrote:
How big an ankle pocket cap?

None, part of my question on why he had her use a thick sock.
ski holidays
comprex, We pad, in every case; Medial/Lateral Malioli(?), head/base 5th mets and toes. I costs us a fortune, we buy the foam sheets direct from Confrom'able, the same ones that come with Foam kits.
snow report
Flexon Phil, I don't know why he had me use a thick sock. Although I must say I like the sock he recommended. I may just use it for y every day ski sock.

He seemed extremely knowledgable about the boots, but he also acted like I was the first woman he'd fit like this.

Although I have a narrow foot, my heel is narrower than the flex area of my foot. I am fairly confident that I will be happier when I go back to have him reheat and use the toe caps. The heel and ankle area feel snuggly perfect.
latest report
SnowHot, We change sock thickness to regulate tissue resistance/mobility, a thicker sock being better to retain shape of liner but will compress the liner a little more giving a little more space for adjustment, however, as a rule of thumb, we use an undersized ultra lite sock.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
By the way, he got the wrap-around on your liners the wrong way around! The outside should be the outside!

SMALLZOOKEEPER is that the case for ALL ski boots or just Dalbello's? I've got Rossignols and never quite know.
snow report
SkiBod, All wrap around thermo fit liners.
latest report
PhillipStanton, SkiBod, and SnowHot, will all be able to put their boots on right, now.

Seriously, those liners are so comfy, the feel fine in the wrong position. When they are on correctly, they feel great.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, ahh - I think I may have missed the point Embarassed

What about the bog standard liners the boots came with?

The only thermo-fitting I've had done was for my Conformable footbeds (and I dare say that is probably not technically called thermo-fitting?)

Mmm - I knew when I posted that q I'd end up looking like a bit of a punter...
snow report
I never bother thermo fitting my (stock heat-fit) liners.......
latest report
veeeight, Then you're selling your boots too big! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
SkiBod, your tongue should be kept inside.
snow report
Laughing
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, I mean the tongue of her ski boots - it should be kept inside the cuff.
snow report
NehNeh Sad
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, are you refering to something that you know or the picture of my boot?
If you're refering to the picture of my boot, you are incorrect in the assumption that it is skibod, and that the tongue is not in its proper place.
snow report
SnowHot, I was just trying to answer skibod's question - which I assumed to be about the tongue/cuff on standard boots. (my assumption may be completely wrong, in which case the only help I've been is in getting FenlandSkier to laugh)
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Well you are wrong about things upon occasion, but since you were not mistaking the posted picture (which I really didn't think you'd do) you may actually know the matter of which you speak. Carry on! Blush
ski holidays
SnowHot, your legs are unique. (and your boots aren't Rossis), so I shall carry on! Very Happy

(now, how long until you land in Burlington???)
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
veeeight, Then you're selling your boots too big! Toofy Grin

I don't sell boots! I meant my personal boots.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy