Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is a quiver of skis normal, globally?

Poster: A snowHead
SnowHot, weekend was great - seems I would be missed if I didn't teach, so I should be at Squaw at least for December.

marc gledhill, very true!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pollittcl, what kind of quiver do you have? Nothings hotter than a chick with a quiver. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnowHot, I'm down to the 2 pairs of dynamics - I did have volkls too, but I sold them. I do need a pair of powder skis. However - I do get to ski other peoples skis quite regularily, and I think a pair for GS might be needed sometime in the future!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pollittcl, OOOOO I knew we'd get along!
Now for a powder ski, have you looked at anything? I'm using my karmas and teledaddy's for powder when I go west
I think I"m going to like my karmas' best!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnowHot, I do like the phat luv - I can get it on pro-form - but our powder is heavier than CO and UT so i don't need anything too fat.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pollittcl, I think I'd like the phat luv too! I don't get much powder (8" maybe) so no NEED for a powder ski. But I surely wanted a powder ski for my trips west. I really envy your location and ski ability out there, although I ski a lot right here on my little hills.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowHot, I usually ski powder on my all mountains - 78mm waist - and don't have too many problems! But, one day........
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pollittcl, some of the bears convinced me to get the teledaddy's and put alpine mounts on them. I think I'll have a ton of fun on them.
But I really had my eye on the Karmas 88 mm-ish waist, after I got the deal on the teledaddy's the Karma guy accepted the offer I gave him a month prior.
Ugh
Oh well, I'll try both and keep my favs
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm intrested to see what Elan has this season. It's always interesting skiing with my friends who are reps - often they tell me to try something because they think I'll like it, and usually they are right! If I bought everything I liked then I would have no money left!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pollittcl if you take review requests, could I get one for the MO2.2 in a Tahoe ladypowski role?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
comprex, need some snow first! But I'll bear your request in mind - especially when we have our demo days!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnowHot wrote:
Hello, my name is Tricia. I have a ski ownership problem.
I need help. Everytime I see something new in a line of skis, I have to try it, and often have to own it.

Is this a global thing or am I just wierd?Embarassed

On the other hand, I can't stand shopping for clothes, shoes, jewelry or other girly stuff. Very Happy

I have found the one reason a quiver is NOT a good thing Sad

I'm trying to play my trip to Stowe. Flying will permit me to take 2 pair of skis. I have ONE picked out but am in a dilema as to which my alternate pair should be, according to weather conditions, which are not looking favorable for skiing.

5 years ago, I'd have thrown my Volkl Vertigo G3's in a bag and went. Today.............confussion!
There you have it! Confused
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Puhleeze.

I knew there was something you were missing with that non-drinking fetish.

Lesson one to learn from a wine habit: All the bottles in the cellar are good, just go pick one or two and proceed to enjoy.

(That's like 75% of the alpine gear, the xc and snowblades are behind or to the right)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is the first year where I have had a bunch of skis..honest it is.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
comprex, Is that a pair of M:EX's I see lurking two thirds down the rack? Cool
snow report
I think I'm about to get #2 - the beginning of a sickness. With these temps they might just be water skis though...
snow report
spyderjon, ah, no sir. Batgirl's M:10s. Have to report all my modern alpine Atomics sold (SL12s, Sugar Daddys, M:EXes, 9'18s), also all modern Elans (MO2s, S8s, numerous Mantis/Integra era), Scott P3s, Blizzard FRs, Volkl V-series & Fischer Radarcs except for that last pair in the corner waiting for a Sawzall. I'm in the middle of a clean out. You are correct though, demos will be 80-something waist or short turners mostly, looking at Stockli/Elan/Ogasaka/Fischer/?Dynamic?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy