Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantastic deal ..... or not?

Poster: A snowHead
On browsing Neilson's website earlier I clicked on their "book online" button and a deal came up for £10 each to Are, Sweden on 4 February Shocked . I thought this must be wrong but I followed it through to the end and it was right, so .... ahem .... I booked it! This is staying at the Holiday Club Resort, 5 star hotel, HB for 7 nights including flights. It doesn't include lift passes, ski hire etc, but I still thought that was a great deal! I did wonder why it was so cheap but thought that if it we didn't use it, I had only lost £20.

On further investigation the World Ski Championships are being held there over that week and the hotel is going to house some media folk.

Have I made a big mistake booking it (although at least I've only lost £20) or will it be okay ..... how busy is it going to be, etc?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks, Hannah
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hannah, OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sorry I know nothing about this resort! As you're getting meals, even if you cant ski, it sounds like it would be worth the trip. Do you suppose they omitted some zeros ??? Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm trying to see just what the downsides would be that they have to reduce it that much??????
Is the resort skiing closed while the racing is on? Do the media folk have such a bad reputation?

I'd say that's a mega bargain!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It does include HB meals, and the hotel looks gorgeous on the website (www.holidayclub.se - can't get the English version yet) - they have some 360 panoramas of the rooms/spa/restaurant/bar etc.

If they have omitted some zeros I am waiting for them to tell me! It all booked up okay and the deal is still on there if anyone is interested!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are three slopes which are closed for the racing (which seem to be black which I wouldn't be attempting anyway!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hannah, It's still there Laughing £10
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like an amazing deal to me, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm already away that weekend then I'd also go ahead and book it, have fancied going there for some time now. What you'll lose out on some slopes being closed you'll gain by being able to watch the racing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It might be a site error in that they were trying to block out any capacity in that week because the hotels aren't giving them beds that week with the World Champs being on. I'd expect costs to go the other way as there is always a squeeze on capacity. Probably worth giving them a ring to check before assuming you've got a bargain but maybe hold off for a couple of days to let others jump on it if they want. There's almost certainly some E &OE wording on their website somewhere.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hannah, I just tried to book, but it says insufficient accommodation, so maybe you got the last one. I didn't want it as I am away then anyway - I was merely experimenting Confused

Does it include your transfers?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
£49 return flight to Egypt anyone? there's quite a lot of bargains tucked away on their.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FenlandSkier, There sare some reasonable deals on that site, I shall be having a good look! I could have booked for ourselves and our friends for March 17th, 7 nights Kitzbhul 3*+ Hotel etc for £1100 for 4 peeps - not bad for NOT a late deal !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ALARM! ....ALARM! maybe it's a good deal.......just be careful folks....! Hope this site is not a Phisher for your credit card details....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think it includes the transfers (can't find it on my booking sheet invoice thingy) but Neilson packages normally do .... hope so anyway!
I might have to call them in a couple of days just to check its all what it seems ....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been to an Olympics and the media take up all the rooms but never use the slopes as they always are working. The bars will be full and they will close slopes and more importantly, lifts, or at least set them aside for practice sessions which might cause havoc.

On the face of it, you will get to see some world class performers at the top of their game and even the training/pratice sessions are awe-inspiring. I remember the downhillers linging up a jump on the VD FAce course with kudos going to 70m plus air....!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hannah, Oh I really do hope it works out for you - so fingers crossed. Very Happy As JT says it'll be great to get a glimpse of some world class skiing. Keep us posted on how things transpire.
ski holidays
Hannah, WOW! That is truly unbelievable!!

Are is a great resort, I was there last March. The Holiday Club Resort is a seriously nice hotel too. I stayed at the Tott which is a 4*, and nicer than any 4* I've stayed in anywhere else in Europe, so can only guess at what the extra * for the Holiday Club gets you. The lobby and facilities we had a look round and it seemed quite something. The location is OK (right by the lake, ski bus stop and town) though you'll have a 10 minute walk to the slopes....but we're splitting hairs here.

The skiing is comparable to a mid sized european resort, with some impressively steep stuff, lots of cruisers and some epic descents from the top. The ski area is spread out and semi linked, which means a variety of views but can make it a pain to meet for lunch. Fantastic hospitality from the swedes too and plenty to do off piste.

You'll have no queues on 4th Feb which is slightly low season for Are, with it getting dark about 4->4.30. One pain you might have is they definitely won't have opened the Kabinbahn (sp) which is the only top to bottom lift by then and may only have opened about half of the upper zone slopes. i think last year they had about 60 of 93km open in early feb. but i've never seen a resort with so many activities off piste so you wont be bored.

but once again...wow.....seriously i'm gonna check out the neilson site and consider booking it!
ski holidays
Damn they've pulled it.....I would have gone as a second holiday.

But Hannah it was definitely partly showing from the Neilson site. Surely they will have to honour that price? Congratulations I think and thanks for sharing anyway!
snow report
Hannah, you lucky girl! I bet they do have to honour it if you got through to the 'paying in full' by credit card bit - can only have been a gaffe on their part, as the other holidays on offer in the same resort for the same period are a more normal price. Good for you! - I hope you do end up getting something for (almost) nothing.
ski holidays
They'll only have to honour it if money's been taken. They could also argue that as the price was obviously an error they don't have to honour it.
snow conditions
I checked my credit card statement online last night and the money has been taken ..... I don't know whether to call up or not ... I don't want to tempt fate by drawing their attention to it!
ski holidays
Hannah wrote:
I checked my credit card statement online last night and the money has been taken ..... I don't know whether to call up or not ... I don't want to tempt fate by drawing their attention to it!

They have now entered into a contract with you so can't go back. They either have to offer that hotel at the price or a suitable alternative. It must be a mistake though as it isn't even worth them processing the booking at that rate. Bernard C's comments worry me a bit though.

FYI: These are RWA's (the domain registrants) details

Robert Wortham Associates Ltd
Registrant type:
UK Limited Company (Company number: 3242394)
Registrant's address:
RWA House
66 Cardiff Road
Glan-y-Llyn
Taffs Well
Cardiff
CF15 7QE
GB

They claim to be ABTA bonded too.

I would call and don't be fobbed off with computer errors or such nonsense. A deal's a deal.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 8-11-06 9:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
So what do I do? Do I call them up or wait and see if the invoice comes through the post ...?
snow report
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/the_economy/441740.stm
ski holidays
Hannah wrote:
So what do I do? Do I call them up or wait and see if the invoice comes through the post ...?

I suggest that you wait for the invoice and THEN call them up to check that everything is in order. You will have to make that call sometime.

An offer was made, you accepted it - IMV a valid contract exists.

A really incredible deal.
ski holidays
Thanks everyone - I'll let you know what happens!
latest report
In the Netherlands I wouldn't stand a chance: the price is so low it will be seen as "Obvious error".
I'd be suprised Great Britain wouldn't have similar regulations. Very recently a dutch mail order company made a similar mistake selling a E1500 LCD TV for 100, and they are no way bound to that due to the 'Obvious Error" in the price.

Credit card payments can be processed automagically, so I wouldn't count on that to validate the deal.

If they let you travel for that price, cheer and be happy. I been to Are in summer for a few hours, it looked nice enough!
If not, they will have to refund you, and be glad you tried.
snow report
Keep your head down, the longer it goes on and the more bumpf they send you the better your case will be. If they send you tickets you'd have an argument that they've confirmed the terms of the contract.

Although, I'd be surprised if a skiing holiday has ever been sold for that price (not since DG last went skiing) so they've got a good argument that it was obviously a mistake.
snow report
It's not showing on the website any more Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If it's a genuine error they probably won't have to honour it, but they probably will do so anyway unless loads of people have booked. Cheaper than staying at home, anyway. It's certainly not available now. Good luck, Hannah.
ski holidays
They got me! Had a phone call to say that it was obviously an error and that they would credit the money to my card. I could have argued about it being honoured etc but to be honest I knew it a mistake as it was just tooooo cheap!

Never mind, nothing ventured, nothing gained!
latest report
Ah well, fun while it lasted.
snow report
Hope you asked them for a goodwill money off your next trip with them!
snow conditions
Oh sorry to hear that Hannah - nothing ventured and all that ! Sad
snow conditions
I guess it goes to show that what looks too good to be true usually is lol!
ski holidays
Hannah, No. I STRONGLY disagree. My barrack room law degree suggests two things.

1. they offered you a contract into which you entered.

2. they accepted your payment for a fair deal.

AFAIK the contract is then binding on both parties at the price paid. They owe you a pair of holidays for £10.

If they screwed up? They screwed up.

Can someone with a real legal degree please stand up?

Is this not a little like walking up to a check out with something that looks very cheap, has a sticker on it and so they have to chareg the sticker price.

Otherwise it would be analogous to buying a "cheap" flight off Ryanair, then getting a call some weeks later saying that the price has gone up so you owe them money.

Hannah, STICK TO YOUR GUNS.
latest report
They could cancel the holiday and give you your money back, error or not.
snow report
David Murdoc, I would suspect there is some small print somewhere saying that we do make pricing errors and can't be held responsible etc.

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
Quote:
We can cancel your Holiday and any other Holiday we operate

Quote:
In these circumstances, we will, if we are able to do so, offer you an alternative Holiday of equivalent or superior quality at no extra cost, or a less expensive Holiday, in which case we will refund the difference in price. If you do not wish to take the alternative we offer you, you can choose another Holiday from us and pay, or receive a full refund of any price difference. Or if you prefer, you can receive a full refund of any money you have paid to us, except for any amendment charges.

Hey ho....
ski holidays
homphomp, I don't think they're cancelling under that clause as they say that they'll offer an alternative of equal or better quality at no additional price.

The Joshua Rosenbeard article that Marski linked to covers what's going on here.

Hannah, you should get in touch with them and follow up on the points raised in the BBC article - you might get some vouchers for your persistence.
snow report
Hannah, hard luck. Miserable buggers.

David Murdoch, I don't have a law degree, and no doubt someone with one will be along in a minute to tell me I'm talking cobblers, but I believe that a clear error (like flogging a week's HB in Are for £10) in a contract can make it unenforceable. That's not the same as someone changing their mind after the event and thinking, 'Actually, I could have sold it for a bit more than I got.'.

It's fair enough, really; if you are obliged to stick to obviously incorrect deals, life becomes impossible. As Hannah very fairly said, she knew it was a mistake. We all make 'em, so it's better if we can correct 'em. After all, the boot might be on the other foot next time. Things may be different outside England, but I'd be surprised. Still, Nielson could make some sort of gesture (as it were).

If the sticker price in the supermarket is wrong, the supermarket doesn't have to sell it to you for that price, even if it's not obviously wrong. A price tag or sticker is (I think) an 'invitation to treat'; in English, an indication that the seller wants to sell and of the sort of price they might be thinking about. It's certainly not an enforceable contract.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy