Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone seen 'One Hundred' SCGB DVD/Video?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
An absolutely priceless DVD I thought and some fantastic archive footage of skiing through the ages. I don't know what you thought but there are some moments of sheer hilarity, not least the piece on an Austrian instructor's attempts to get a rather large lady to ski! Today, such humiliation would end up in court (and rightly so). Moreover, I thought the documentary did a pretty good job in conveying some of the historical context of the Ski Club, its evolution and development and where it wants to go in the future. Of course, there were some rather wooden links but overall I was impressed by the general quality. Finally, the interview and footage with Peter Lunn was staggering! He's 90 and skis better than most -fair play to him!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, having recently joined SCGB I was pleased by the free gift. Much more interesting than I had expected.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevin, elsewhere, you mentioned recently on a thread the British ski instruction company Eurekaski down in Serre Chevalier. Well, John (one of their instructors and a really nice guy to boot) skied with Peter Lunn some 30/40 odd years ago and said what a fascinating chap he is, not to mention skier of no little talent.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
John Angella is quite a remarkable fella, don't you think Mark? I couldn't quite believe I was skiing with a guy who is 65! Amiable, passionate, wise and illuminating, John really helped me with my skiing and his style of teaching is so reassuring. What I couldn't work out was when we were all downing pints in the Bar Alpin at Le Monetier the night before a magnificent powder day, John gave no indication that he was suffering the after effects at all the day after! A top bloke who is totally devoid of ego and front.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Couldn't agree more, kevin. I had a week by myself down there earlier this year for a weeks worth of tuition. He really took my skiing apart and put it back together again, but in a much tidier fashion. And he did it in a manner that builds up the confidence no end.

I took part in a GS race in La Rosiere not long after, and being able to do it was very much down to John. Hopefully I'll get down to Serre Che next season for some off piste lessons from him.

As for not showing the effects of all those beers, he's a Tai Chi follower, which not only helps with balance, control and health, but obviously keeps hangovers at bay!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy