Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another point of view...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok so it's opinionated, but I agree with the opinion! Smile

http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/10113.shtml
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I read the same message, passed in different and softer words, from Messner.
"Mountains belong to those who earn them with fatigues, sweat, ect etc, because only those, can undesrtand and respect the nature" (not exact quote, just what I recall)...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mmmm...the old 'silent majority' argument deployed I see Wink, perhaps our elite mountaineers can explain Everest base camp.

(but, yes, I'm feeling a bit guility about what the various lifts and pistes look like in summer)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wonder what Kevin Mclean would make of being labelled a member of the skiing proletariat? Shame we can't ask him!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm hoping the Ski Club will e-mail the registered open forum membership to either welcome them back to Ski Club or send them over here...I miss Kevin and is odd rant!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any SCGB members fancy contacting Mr Mclean via the members only forum Mad and getting him over here?
I really fancy continuing the discussions with him about moguls and the classic "homogenized cash cow of a ski resort" Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boardski, I'm not sure kevin was a member. I can't imagine that the with the furore over there, he wouldn't have had something to say.

Perhaps mistakenly, I thought he was known to David Goldsmith, though I can't imagine he would not have pointed him here.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used to hang around with a few rock-climbing types, and I must admit - when they first met you, they checked out your forearms (or in my case, forepins) and from then on, seemed to look down upon you.

Clearly an over-generalisation (just like saying we're all a bunch of toffs), but you'd have thought they might be more inclusive to other mountain lovers...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No sign of Mr Mclean on the other place.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
helen - is that the accepted terminology for the SCGB forum ie " the other place".........a bit like " the scottish play"
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great article. It explained something to me that has been a mystery since last summer. My wife and me had cycled to the top of one of the peaks in the Serre Chevalier and had stopped to take in the views. Along came a guy (English like myself) and naturally tried to start a conversation with him as we both shared an interest in something. This guy had taken such a dislike to us, I questioned myself what was wrong for some time. Now this article has made me realise that he thought we were lowlifes and now feel frustrated I didn't verbaly retaliate. I will go up the mountain next summer armed with my new information.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Made me think of the Scottish play too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy