Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF whine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just an observation from a few hours on the glacier yesterday. Witnessed a couple of near misses as ESF egomaniacs with a chain of kids in tow blindly crossed pistes or merged with other runs with not a single uphill glance.

Yield to downhill skiers is all very well but why do they have to be such idiots? I can guess the red jacket comes with built in sixth sense but the kids might not be so lucky.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Not just the French.

Had several instances while in the "start" gate waiting for P-A to say "Go" when an Italian group - who seemed to find skiing between peoples race tracks most amusing, as they must have done it about 10-12 times - blithely wandered diagonally across the whole race training piste. They were with an Italian instructor.

Stupid, downright rude and dangerous too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, they weren't "our" ESF (not that they're immune), most red jackets up there for PSB were from other resorts training their race clubs. I can remember taking a BASI trainer to task for doing exactly this on Cairngorm with a group of Grade 2 trainees once .. Twisted Evil

I'd like, however to compliment the ESF trainer from the club at Passy (no idea where that is). His kids were really well behaved in all the queues, looked ahead and aborted their run if someone was in their path, didn't shout, bawl make a general nuisence of themselves..... (I did tell him in person). Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, I wonder if that was Peisey?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski wrote:
Passy (no idea where that is).

http://www.ot-passy.com/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geri, No. Don't wish to be rude, but I can read - the name of the club/resort is normally written on the back of alol the kids' jackets.

rob@rar, thanks, Not a big ski area but close to others, and clearly, if the race kids were any example it would be a very nice and civilised place to ski. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy