Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Group of 10 to Geneva or Salzburg (Schladming or Wait?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can bag some decent priced flights for my office ski trip in late February. We are only spending 2 nights away but should get 2-3 days skiing and a couple of nights of bonding :-D

I have had nightmares trying to get a decent accomm deal for this short period as we wish to be centrally located and nearby lifts, wherever it is we go. B&B or HB no problem.

Have got a good offer with Post-Hotel in Schladming but havent a clue about that resort. Funny when you research resorts they all have skiing for all levels, excellent apres etc etc bl**dy etc.

My questions are therefore:

a. Do you know anything about Schladming, preferably first hand experience?

b. Should I go for it and bag the deal which has taken a lot of hours and umpteen emails to get, or

c. Book the flights and wing it closer to the time (as per the reply from many hotels) as Schladming isn't appropriate?

Please dont say "just book it and go to Chamonix." The level of drinker is good, the level of skier is not.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi, Schladming is a fun town... bigger than your normal Austrian village. Plenty of cruising terrain. Suggest you bag the flights and nab the rooms while you're still deciding... a week-end booking in February effectively knocks out 2 weeks for the hotel as they normally like selling sat-sat. Most hotels simply won't do it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller, thanks for that. Have you spent much time there?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Leuzzi, I skied there for about 4 days a few years back. There's a lot of miles to be had, mostly tree lined, mostly cruisy blues & reds... ideal for a mixed group I'd say. Only downside is schlepping to / from the lift. Nightlife is lively and it was still lively when I was there in June to play golf. If the conditions are dodgy you've always got the Dachstein Glacier just up the road.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed in the Post Hotel in late March this year. It's ok'ish and is central in the town. You can walk to the lifts but it's a bit of a trek ... getting on for 10 mins but it's all flat ... or there seemed to be plenty of buses knocking around .. in fact there usually seemed to be one waiting outside the hotel when we came out in the morning. The skiing is spread out over a few mountains so the chances are you might be getting buses back from neighbouring villages in the evening anyway otherwise you have to start heading back soon after lunch if you've gone far.

The skiing is ok but pretty cruisy ... probably good for a mixed ability group. I wasn't too impressed with the apres but it was v quite when we were there .. there was a few decent enough bars around but not enough people to fill them
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Leuzzi, Been once and enjoyed it immensely. The beer's a delight and the town reasonably lively for an old fart. The taxis are cheap, plentyful, mini-buses and quick. The on-hill bars are great but easy to get settled into leaving you a dark and squiffy slide down the steep final drops into town. All the hills are linked so once you get onto one you can pretty much get anywhere, but some of the links are a bit flat for boarders unless the board is well prepped with liquid Teflon.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Leuzzi - if you want a Geneva option then have a look at www.skiblueridge.co.uk in Les Gets - they have a chalet specifically for weekend parties.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Loved the skiing, fast gondolas, cruising runs, lots of mountain huts, four hills to pick from plus buses to another few. Search on here for my review.

Town is good for post slope drinks, but everywhere is very well insulated so evening entertainment/restuarants can be hard to find as no noise escapes! One you get in they are actually very noisy and lively, but it does mean the town itself feels a little eerily dead quiey at night...

post hotel is a walk to the slope (or a very short bus ride!) but looked nice enough (recommended in wtss guide I think). If you ask nicely I think the ski hire place at the gondola might let you leave your gear there everynight? if not there are lockers at the gondola so you can at elast walk over in shoes and change there.

If you have true beginners they will either have to gondola up and down each day to the nursery slope on planai, or get the bus to rohrmoos. Once they get going haus is a lovely mountain for novices as is (bus ride) fageralm.

HTH,

aj xx
ETA: Went last year - for 4 days in jan
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy