Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi costs - Courchevel 1850 to Chambery

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any ideas what this will cost? 2 people plus skis/boots/luggage?

We can't get on a bus transfer at the end of our 2 week holiday (will be 10th Feb), so the tour company are going to get us a taxi, but we will have to pay the bill ourselves. It would be good to know approximate cost and also whether they are likely to take credit cards, or whether we will need to get Euros to pay for it.

We have good reasons for doing the holiday this way (I have to take medication that needs to be refridgerated and can only survive a few hours out of the fridge), so alternative methods of transport such as ski train or driving aren't really practical for us.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Taxi from Grenoble to Courchevel was something like 400€ last year. Chambery is a bit closer, so should be cheaper, but probably not by much. It might be worth looking at car hire instead.

Regarding the medication, have you thought of getting a thermos container? You can get short fat ones for taking hot food on walks, could probably fit your medicine plus a load of ice in one. Camping/outdoor shops have them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Regarding the medication, have you thought of getting a thermos container?

Or better still perhaps, a small 'fridge that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket in your car and then drive over adding a stop on the way down to make the journey a part of the holiday Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
docsquid, we did Val Thorens to Geneva with 3 vallees transfers - they quote £160 one way for Courchevel to Chambery. I can heartily recommend them and Chris Bish recommended them to me. They're run by an ex-pat Brit based (I think) in Courchevel. Their price for Val Thorens to Geneva was £230, which was a shade below the average of prices we saw. We paid in advance by check

The website is www.3vt.co.uk
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, thank you very much for that link. It looks very helpful, and I think it would be good to book the transfer in advance, so we are sorted before we leave. We have looked into all the alternative methods of transport and flying is really the only option, unfortunately, with all the medication and treatments I have to do at certain times of day. Car hire would have to be for two weeks, and would be around £250 - expensive considering we would only use it to get to and from the airport. We are getting the transfer from Chambery to Courchevel included in the price of the holiday, it is only the one back to the airport that we need to pay for.

We had to do it this way to get a flight from Birmingham. Otherwise we would have had to stay overnight before travelling and after getting back at either Manchester or Gatwick. This would cost more than the £160 if we include the costs of driving or taking the train to either of those locations.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
docsquid, 3 vallees transfers will flag you as "willing to share" if you ask them, but they'll only take people flying on the same flight. Have to say having done a private transfer once I want to do it again!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hoppo, I'm flattered that you went with my recommendation! 3V transfers are top people and will sort you out I am sure, especially if you mention snowHeads and your contacts. The thing about them that makes them ideal for your circumstances is their professionalism and total reliabilty.

Have a look at their website and email John. He is already in homebase La Tania I think, but will be back to you straight away. You will remember the comfort and convenience long after you have forgottten the price (and I know it isn't cheap!)

snowHead

edit, just want to say I have no commercial interest in this company (or any other come to that!) I am just a very satisfied customer (again this year).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy