Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Perceived versus actual level of ability

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
veeeight, it also depends on where they skiied the red or black run - compare the steep pitch on run 21 at Kleine Scheidegg (a red) to the first pitch of Big Emma in Snowbird (a green). Big Emma is perhaps twice as wide, but that doesn't make it any shallower.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
True.

I had a client this week that regularly skis blues in Vail.

Then she tried the blues on Blackcomb......
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
veeeight, that could have been fun to see! Twisted Evil (although she should now be ready to tackle the blues in Blue Sky Basin)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GrahamN, I would say that it's highly unlikely that any 30 week skiers have just pottled for the whole 30 weeks. If they were really pootlers, they'd probably have given up by then. If someone's skied 30 weeks, they are very unlikely NOT to be competent! Pootlers either get "into" it eventually or give up.

How about this - another enquiry this morning - family have all skied 2 weeks. Mum and kids like greens/easy blues but dad doesn't like lessons and skis reds and blacks!? Guess who I will expect to be the worst skier in the family? Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski,

LaughingLaughingLaughing bravery can get you a long way.... and then you run out of balls and have to learn to turn..Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, quote]
Guess who I will expect to be the worst skier in the family?
[/quote]

Been there too.......... snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
veeeight wrote:
True.

I had a client this week that regularly skis blues in Vail.

Then she tried the blues on Blackcomb......

The Blue Line can be a bit tricky sometimes for a blue. Went down there in 2005 and there was a random 6 inch diameter hole in the snow. Intrigued, I look down it as I was skiing over it but then my ski tip took a dive down the hole... Shocked snowHead

I actually find lift-lines the trickest part. I can get down most runs ok, only to lose my balance on a dead flat bit while not moving. Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowy,
Quote:

only to lose my balance on a dead flat bit while not moving.

I have been embarrased by similar events, but after some research I found out that its not our fault... much like moguls etc this phenomenon is caused by all the skiiers/boarders moving a lot of the gravity from the top to the bottom of the slope where it forms in unusually high concentrations. Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy