Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Build your own Boot dryer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
does what it says on the tin

http://www.instructables.com/id/EQ084EI828ETVPLDT1/?ALLSTEPS
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice idea, but only for people who are close to the snow. I don't think one of those would fit in my suitcase.

I've been wanting to have a go a making a portable boot dryer, but I need some info from people who have purchased a Thermic type air dryer. All I need is many watts of power they require, and if possible seperate figures for heating and the fan.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tomsk, Never mind the heat, find two plastic funnels with flexible nozzles like this:
http://www.nextag.com/Blitz-USA-Flex-Funnel-82332461/prices-html
and two cabinet fans, put one fan in each funnel, pack with foam, wire in a switch and plug, -done-.

Quiet, dries out the toe of the boot, and no heat to distort or melt anything.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, That's far too easy. Where's the fun in that? wink

What I want to make has to be small and usable worldwide. Maybe I'll add in a wi-fi link, bloooo LEDS and a turbo drying mode as well. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tomsk, I think I posted the idea elsewhere as well, build it into the foot bed as the secondary of an open air transformer, 50kHz should do. Wall plug unit adaptable to mains voltage with coax cable to a paper-thin spiral mat for a primary. All near field coupling.

Yeah, ok, YAWN. Wrap it in mumetal for shine.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy