Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resort in March from Zurich ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have flights booked for first weekend in March - arrive Zurich Friday 08:55 depart Monday 20:15.

Have some ideas where to go but opening this up in case something I hadn't considered crops up.

Requirements:

* would like to be on slopes by midday Friday and ski as late as possible on Monday so max 2 hr transfer (could stretch to 2.5 hrs maybe, preferably by public transport but car hire if necessary).

* good skiing for intermediates and advanced skiers and boarders

* all male group, lively apres ski

* minimal walking to/from slopes

* reasonably priced b&b accommodation (to book nearer date)

Am already considering St Anton, Ischgl (having noted recent threads) and Flims ... any other areas we should consider ?

thanks ....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flumserberg if you want to trade off skiing extent for the best possible travel time.

Flims/Laax like you said.
Kloster/Davos. Klosters has best access by train. Or you can stay further down the Valley (e.g. Kueblis) and there are some very long runs that take you back to the village at the end of the day.
Lenzerheide
Engelberg. Although you need to get a bus from the town/station to the Titlis gondola.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith,

I cannot add much to the above though Andermatt is decent but with little apres ski. You will struggle to get to the Arlberg or Ischgl and get much skiing done on the day by the time you have been through the airport and collected your car I would have thought.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar, thanks but not quite sure how you work that out. Arlberg is approx 2 hrs by car from Zurich so should be there by midday with a good 4 hours plus slope time to be had ?

nessy, thanks, taking a look at Engelberg & Klosters/Davos ...

at the end of the day it could simply come down to where we can find suitable accommodation - it's peak season after all
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masmith, check out the CH school hols. Ours are the last 2 weeks in Feb. On the other hand I have done a weekend in March were we just drove towards Klosters and found a hotel a bit down the valley. BTW please don't rely on me to give you any information about lively apres ski Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
masmith,
You are probably right with your timings I have done Zurich St A by train getting up early in the morning and getting an afternoons skiing and once by car to Lech with family including youngish children a few years ago in snow and it seemed to take longer than two hours.I think Ischgl wuld be about 40 minutes longer. Flims in particular seemed a lot closer when i did it but it is slightly impressionistic as I was getting in in the afternoon and not trying to ski the same day. I have skied the same day on a trip to Andermatt.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
St Anton is certainly 2 hours away by car and will meet your Nightlife requirements better than many Swiss Locations, Flims/Laax does have the ability to 'stoke' from time to time - B&B(second b is limited) at the Riders Palace puts you right on top of a bar and nightclub that 'kicks' from time to time. It's a train and bus to get to it, but not too tricky and right at the bottom of the lift.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So does anyone have any links for booking trains, busses etc from Zurich to Flims?

What time do the trains and busses run till on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons? I'm intending arriving late Friday night into Zurich and will need to get to Flims. Any ideas out there?

Cheers
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
not sure about buses but for trains www.sbb.ch/en
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SobeUK, wouldn't have thought there was any need to book and you should be able to get a return ticket straight through to Flims/Laax from the airport. The only concern is the time you are arriving. If you aren't landing until say 10 at night, you'll prob need to find somewhere to crash overnight. The link masmith provided should give you the full timetable incl. bus

Oh and welcome to snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you need somewhere cheap to stay that night, there's an ETAP next to Hardbrucke station (well five mins walk) which is on one of the lines from the airport to the Hauptbahnhof (not all trains stop there). It's fifteen mins tram or five mins train from the Hauptbahnhof for the next morning and there are some reasonable bars etc just round the corner from it. Do a search on Accor hotels to find it (it shares a complex with a Novotel & an Ibis). Otherwise there are some reasonably priced, but not especially cheap hotels within walking distance of the Hauptbahnhof (eg the Bristol). However if you want to get to Flims on Friday night, you'll need to not land too late as eng_ch says.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skanky, there's always the Crazy Cow rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eng_ch, never been so couldn't recommend... wink I always quite liked the look of the Happy Otter (I think that's the name, I may have mis-remembered), but never got round to it. For a one-off obviously.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy