Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have the couchette trains from Paris Austerlitz to Bourg been stopped this year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the last 5 or so years we have traveled on the Gare Austerlitz overnight train. We have always been able to book couchettes and arrived in resort on a Saturday moring refreshed for hitting the slopes.

This year though we have just been just sussing things out and have a doubt that overnight couchette trains are operating from Paris Austerlitz.

We are not travelling until March (which is too far ahead to check bookings) , but I've tried booking a date in January and
my booking keeps updating to outbound station to Gare De Lyon and there seems to be no couchette option.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Peter
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They don't go every day of the week and it is also possible that they havn't put January in the system yet but for example, I could reserve a place tomorrow night.

PARIS AUSTERLITZ 22h25 CORAIL 5709 1e classe

Placement
MOUTIERS SALINS BRIDES L BAINS 07h03 Transport de vélo payant Compartiment Famille Réservation obligatoire
Placement couché
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I dont think that it is that they weren't put into the system, as they were there a few weeks ago and have all disappeared recently (at least for leaving Friday night and returning Saturday night). Not sure otherwise.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PFitzgerald, Peter is that you?

I have always fancied travelling overnight by train but never been brave enough to leave it until 3m before travel to book, especially for half term. Have you had difficulty getting berths ever, and whats the service like?

Martin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are going Jan 5th to 14th then they are working on the track for these dates and have not released the times yet, phone RailEurope and ask them to give you ca call when you can book - they are pretty obliging on this although if like me you are having to book Eurostar and accomodation and transfers to tie in, it can be a little worrying waiting for the fulcrum of the trip to be organised!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy