Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where should I visit this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Suggestions for where to board this winter?

I'll probably just do a few 3 or 4 day breaks, so it must be Europe.

Must have in excess of 100km of piste and very few cat-tracks.

So, over to you well informed people to help me decide.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's quite a broad set of criteria. Do you have a preference for resort type (eg traditional village, ski convenience) or a particular country that you really like, or types of uphill transport to avoid, etc, etc?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, I'm trying to be open-minded. I would like a tradititional village & convenience (is this possible?) and would prefer not too many drag lifts.

I'm just interested in some ideas, rather than rely on my own pre-conceived prejudices, which might be totally inaccurate.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssnowman, Where have you skied before and what did/didn't you like about the resorts ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssnowman, OK. My suggestion would be Villaroger - traditional village, but convenient access to the entire Paradiski (Les Arcs and La Plagne). Very few drag lifts in the entire lift network, and just about all of these can be avoided. Get there by train, plane or drive.

Alternatively, base yourself in Bourg St Maurice and ski for a day in Les Arcs, a day in St Foy, a day in La Rosiere/La Thuile and a day in La Plagne. It's not a traditional village, and this plan relies on a car, but you will have access to some amazing ski terrain within about 30 minutes of your base.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll complement rob@rar's Paradiski suggestion with Verbier or Chamonix. Where Paradiski slots itself firmly in the family-friendly market, Verbier and Chamonix are both solidly in the hardcore freeskiing camp - so have a completely different vibe.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Remember Les Arcs was one of the pioneering resorts as one of the first to recognise boarding - Only one drag (Deux Tetes) to avoid and only one green slope (Gollet) to miss out on if you are on a board so I have to go with Robs suggestion
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right, places, I have visited; Obergurgl, Livigno, Macunaga, Les Arcs, Verbier, Val d'Isere, Serre Chevalier, Meribel, Cervinia, Gressoney, St Martin de Belleville, Tignes.

Favourite out of the above is Serre Chevalier, hard to say why. I also liked Espace Killy for the quality of slopes. Not overly keen on Three valleys.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, I like the idea of staying in BSM & visiting a few resorts.

Chamonix always looks so spread out on the piste map, must admit the lack of convenience puts me off a bit.

St Anton is on my list as a possible as are Flaine & Portes du Soleil.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ssnowman wrote:
rob@rar, I like the idea of staying in BSM & visiting a few resorts.

I think quite a few snowHeads would agree. There are at least a couple who own (and rent) apartments there, and there are some reasonably priced hotels and B&Bs to choose from in and near BSM. The local guiding outfits might help make the most of your trip, eg heliskiing, with drop offs in Italy; off-piste day from the back of the Aguille Rouge, a day in St Foy; and mile upon mile of piste to choose from. All this in less than 45 minutes travel time (and often much less) from BSM.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy