Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hire boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not for me I hasten to add as I've got my nice new girly furry liner shiny Lockwoods specials Smile

But have got a complete beginner coming with on 25th Feb (yes, I know it's ages away but I'll forget to ask if I don't do it now) with size 9 VERY wide feet - he often has to go up to a 10.5 just to get the width fitting - Anyone got any suggestions for makes/models of boots to point him in the direction of that are likely to be easy to find in the hire shops this season or do I just not get involved and leave it to the hire shop guys?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think head are a good start for someone with wide feet Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Annie, Can't help you with any makes, but this may help. Have him buy some thinner 'quality' ski socks...e.g. Thorlo. They'll take up a little less room than the cheaper 'tube' type socks, which is a good thing. They also last longer snowHead

I assume you have booked him lessons at the dryslope wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski, Done the sock bit - I think it might only be 10 denier tights that would help....and that is a picture is too scary!!

and no, but was up there today on a secret mission with his wife.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think some of Head's boots are geared towards mid to large volume fits.... Try going at a quiet time when hiring, so the hire people have more time to talk your friend - and they can go get the boots swapped if they don't fit properly.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Annie, Funny thing was my friend with strange feet had very few problems with hire boots and then loads of trouble trying to get his own fitted. Perhaps it was because hire boots were well broken in, or he tried a couple of pairs on and got lucky! Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some Nordica boots are quite wide - get my bunions in, no trouble....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy