Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

nevis range A+E closing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
for those of you who have skied/want to ski at the nevis range you may find this information important.
The government in their infallible wisdom are going to shut the closed A+E department to the nevis range which is in fort william. there is a online petition against it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/247acute/petition.html?TopicID=27&EntryID=140&MMID=2

the next nearest A+E department is in inverness which as you may well know is a fair distance away. this will mean that there won't be any local help if their should be an injury serious or otherwise. and could be fatal if eth imediate help that is required is forthcoming.
please sign teh petiotin to try and keep the A+E department for all useres of the Nevis Range

chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
captain chris, welcome to snowHead snowheads snowHead and what a worthy 1st post.

I have signed the petition not because I am ever likely to use the Nevis Range but on behalf of all the people on the peninsulas and islands west of Fort William. What a trek they'll have to make for treatment. How many poor souls won't make it ?
And as we discovered on another thread, there is a world class mountain biking event held there - will that be able to continue without nearby A+E facilities ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ditto your comments kuwait_ian. And welcome captain chris, from me also.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Over 5880 sinatures when I signed a few minutes ago, anyone know how long the petition site has been going ? Seems a strange move for ANY A and E dept to close let alone one here.....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glad to see the executive are keeping their promise of imporving healthcare in scotland!! Really what the hell are they thinking? closing a vital health service? its madness
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
More here about Scottish NHS problems. Something to bear in mind when we go into the Scottish hills. Hope the petition is successful.

Not sure what impact an e-mail petition will have, though. Scottish beuraucrats may suspect sassanach interference in Scottish politics - even thought those of us south of the border feel we have a legitimeate interest.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick Zotov, like you I'm not sure how effective it will be as a method of lobbying but it does no harm to give support. Judging by the confirmation email you get back, the thing seems secure and well managed. I thought it might be a scam (no disrespect, Capt Chris, but you were a newbie and just might have had evil plans).
If you pay taxes, you can have your say about the NHS for any area. I don't - so you can argue my support is invalid.
Frosty, I was 56something so it's moving fast. Can't find how long it's been up.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kuwait_ian well you are a potential tourist. Presumably you might think twice about doing vigorous things in an area with no medial backup?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kuwait_ian, and Mark Lehto, Agreed. I've now signed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy