Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warm up runs in Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was tempted to put this in the 'ski legs' thread. I'm off to Zermatt on 27th Dec. Do any SHeads know it well enough to recommend some nice blues to get the legs back in? Our hotel is nearest the Sunnega or Gornegrat lifts/train. Is there a 'best' side to ski in the morning and then move to for the afternoon?

Thanks !
snow report
 brian
brian
Beverley, there's a big wide area of cruisy blues/reds off the Gifthittli chair above Riffelberg in the Gornergrat sector which should be perfect.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beverley, brian, has chosen by far the best place for gently finding your legs - and if you're lucky, the new lift might be open by then, which would let you ski the blue all the way down to Furi (or Schweigmatten to be exact) and take the lift straight back up to the Gifthittli chair.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks! I've found it on my piste map and shall head that way Day 1. I've read about the new lift on the Zermatt website (8 person chair?)and they have said they plan to have it opened. Goody, goody!

Even more excited now snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would recommend that you start at Sunnega and instead of continuing up to Blauherd and Rothorn, take a warm up run down the Standard to the Partrullarve chair and up to the Rothorn cable car. From the top of Rothorn, ski down Flualp (I stop in for a coffee at the restaurant) to Gant and then take the Hohtalli cable car up and another small cable car to Gornergrat. The runs Rotenboden and Gifthittli down Gornergrat are great in the late morning and you can go all the way down to Furi via Landtunnel and Schweigmatten where the new 8 person cable car is scheduled to open 12 Dec. There are some very nice mountain restaurants in Furi. I would recommend Restaurant Alm for one. In the afternoon, from Furi, you can head back up to Riffleberg on the new cable car or head towards Schwarzsee or up the Theodul Glacier. If the weather is beautiful in the morning, I would take the free bus or a taxi to the the Klein Matterhorn side of the village and ski in Cervinia for the day. Here is more info an the new 8-person cable car from Furi to Riffleberg.
http://bergbahnen.zermatt.ch/e/bahnen/furi-riffelberg/?bpid=5268209&chk=22WARim33P
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One more tip: The Gornergrat train is great for a first time ride, but is slow. Take a newspaper or a book. It's a 45 minute ride from the village to the top of Gornergrat. This is why I always start from Sunnega....you will get more morning skiing in.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Beverley, if you follow Jacques, advice, make sure you have lunch at the Fluhalp restaurant, best mountain restaurant I've ever been.

My party of 8 will be in town from the 23rd December for a week, plus another 2 snowHead s that are joining us. Let us know if you fancy a drinkies one night Wink

MAKE SURE you go upto the top lift of the Klein Matterhorn Paradise. The red run off the top is fantastic. Other favourite runs are Piste 7.0 down into Cervinia, and runs 20a,b and c from the top of the furggsattel chairlift. Red run 23 past the Fluhalp is a favourite as well.

Hope this helps!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charlatanefc wrote:
Beverley, if you follow Jacques, advice, make sure you have lunch at the Fluhalp restaurant, best mountain restaurant I've ever been.

I concur !!

Also, Tuftern would be a great run to start with Sunnegga side Smile
Minestrone soup and bread and cheese at the small restaurant off Tuftern is to die for also.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy