Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Méribel (3 vallées) in january ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello !

I have an opportunity to go to Méribel the week of january 7th...

Is it too soon in the season to expect good snow quality, or should I be fine ???

Thanks !

Ben
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It should be fine. OK, last year it was a bit thin at that time, but that was unusual and there is good snowmaking and grooming. I think we are in for a good year this time.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
benoitpr, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

As with all things ski-related its in the lap of the gods. The historical snow record for that time of year is 40/109 cms lower/upper slopes. Personally I'd go, with the 3 valleys to choose from you'll find snow somewhere and it is a cheap time to go.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My visits to Meribel were both in January, although several years ago, and the snow was fine. Loads of it, all over the place.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi - thanks for the input...

any chances to get some powder in 3 vallées at that time (with a guide or something) ? would be a first time "backcountry skiing" for me, i'd like to try it...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went first week of jan last year and altough there wasn't a huge amount of snow, it was cold enough so it wasn't melting. Upper slopes were perfect lower down had to be wary of ice, as in the hundreds of miles of pistes there was an occasional patch.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
benoitpr, welcome to snowHead s.
My second-ever skking holiday was in Meribel in January (1989!) and there was plenty of snow except really low down towards les Menuires.

It's an "opportunity" to ski - so take it, smile and enjoy it! Whatever it throws at you, the alternative would presumably be not skiing - so it's got to be better.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been to the 3V a few times in early jan, and there has always been plenty (if not every run) open. Even if this coming season is terrible, and the ski area is 50% shut, you've still got 300km of piste to play with, so don't worry. Off-piste has not always been great, but I will ski anything, whatever the conditions, so just don't care! I don't spend enough time in the mountains to be choosy about powder days and so on.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've been twice in mid January & found most runs open, with generally good snow cover.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy