Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finding your ski legs: what do you do?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
saxabar, that's what yer get for using a tea-tray instead of a pair of ski's Wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have to say, sat on the first lift of the season, I'm positively twitching with anticipation, and far too excited to feel nervous.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, ....Know the feeling well. On the first run after 8 months I feel like an absolute beginer and the skis won't behave and go where I tell them to. My answer is that on the first run of the season I pretend I am an absolute beginer and try to remember my first skiing lessons. I pick an easy green run and do some slow stem turns while concentrating hard on getting the technique right. After 10 minutes of this my skiing and my confidence improves dramatically from abismal to my usual level of mediocrity.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OverTheHill, welcome to snowHeads Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
each time back on snow, even indoors I find it hard to get out of snowplough for the first 2 runs. Confidence starts to return gradually and by the afternoon I start being ambitious again!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I do about 45 mns on dry slope a couple of weeks before I go. A few excercises, etc, just to refresh the brain.

Then I find it only takes about 2 hours on snow and I'm pretty much back to normal.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's not that some people forget how to ski, it's their fear or lack of confidence that affects them when they hit the real slopes.

snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hey, I get the fear every time but the the sound of my boots snapping into the skis is one of my favourite sounds in the world (a cork coming out of a bottle is another btw) so counteracts the stomach butterflies a little. I found the EOSB did wonders for my confidence last year, despite a small wobbly, so have my fingers crossed I'll be in a better place this season.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I get hyped up at the thought of going skiing, going into a ski shop (must remember to leave the wallet at home rolling eyes), watching ski films etc etc - in a way that prepares me...

This season, think we've got a couple dry slope trips before we go out, mainly cos a couple of mates haven't skied for about 7 or 8 years! With one never having skied on real snow before, but if you can ski on dry slope, you can ski on anything!

By the time we're out in resort I always seem to get worried that I won't be able ski, after a couple of blue and "easy" red runs, taking my time for the first hour or so, I usually get back into it and am back to my previous (rubbish Very Happy) ability and it's all good!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy