Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

06 k2 seths

Poster: A snowHead
anyone have any idea where i might be able to get a set of these last seasons at 189cm. ski only preferably. would buy this seasons but don't have the money

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just rang K2 for you and they don't have any left at all. Sorry I couldn't help
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sail and ski, K2 or Shakespear?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeah nice one so funny. god you guys can be so much help sometimes and other times not but hey all good. so any serious answers or should i not bother.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
benpudney, i think sail and ski, was trying to help, since i think he runs a ski store and may have been able to call k2 direct and ask for you...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
benpudney, yes, S&S runs a shop.
Shakespear are the K2 distributor in the UK. If he contacted them, then the answer he has given you is valid for the UK.
If he contacted K2 global, and they don't have any, then you're really going to struggle to find them anywhere with any worthwhile discount on them.

Ski Bilek have this season's ones for €529 (about £355)
REI have them for $629 (about £330)
Sport Conrad €449 (about £301)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
my bad guys not been on for a long time so very sorry. thanks guys then for the help, bit rubbish really. don't really like this years graphics. change of subject then. how do the seths compare to the line prophet 100's just looking at what to get.

cheers guys
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
well as for this dilemma. i ordered them online from sport conrad. now just to sort out bindings
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
benpudney, didn't you buy the bindings there too?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
benpudney, Get in touch with sport conrad immediately and a) either cancel your order and order a set including binding, or b) make sure you can add a binding to the order. This will quite easily save you £70.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i want the px12 ti jib bindings and they don't do them
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
benpudney, They did but it seems they are out of stock at the moment. You could maybe check if they get them back in or might want to consider one of the other Look/Rossi bindings available, which are pretty similar performance-wise. Not sure it would be worth the premium to get the jib version just for a bit of green rubber under your bindings...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
benpudney, they do the PX12 ti lifter wide.

The difference? They come with a wide brake, have a small lifter and a different colour scheme.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not green though snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skibomb, my mistake. Sad Laughing
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, I will start a new thread on painting one's bindings! In fact, I'm sure I saw one at some point Laughing
snow conditions
skibomb, I don't claim to be a fashion expert (stop sniggering, Michelle and others who have seen my dress sense), but surely the green binding riser plates would have clashed with the Seths compared to the standard ones.

...maybe I should take that back - I forgot ben was going for the BIG ones (which are a LOT of ski) - the green riser plates might not clash as much as I first thought.
snow report
I oulwd be the last to comment on dress sense and colour matching, but I think the PX12 lifter wide is actually a better match colourwise compared to the jib green! snowHead
latest report
skibomb, not so sure...

ski holidays
The red matches Seth's face. A very subtle touch I thought snowHead
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, ......the door colour doesn't co-ordinate well.......I think you should repaint..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
skibomb, the green clashes well with the light green on the bases.

BernardC, that's not my door, but the door of a maggot who was flogging a pair recently...
snow report
well been reconmend the jibs by a few people i spent the las tseason in tignes with. colours don't bother me on bindings really cos you can't really see them when covered in a massive foot sized boot and the bottom of ski pants. will just have to keep hunting for them. sure ski conrad will get them in again soon though. if not will just have to get them ordered in when i get to tignes in 4 weeks
snow report
benpudney, the point we've been trying to make is that the difference between the jib and the standard is just the colour scheme!

Same design, same manufacture, same springs, same brakes, same DIN range, same binding, just a different paint job!

"you guys can be so much help sometimes and other times not but hey all good. so any serious answers or should i not bother."

So, we've done our best to help and advise you all along, sometimes I wonder why we bother! rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
ok point taken if there the same im probably better off getting hold of ski conrad and getting the bindings added onto my order. cheers guys you have been a good help.
ski holidays
They are the same. The jib thing is just marketing hype. If not, I would really like to see the scientific proof of how a couple of mm of hard rubber, very tightly screwed between ski and binding, will make any noticeable difference when landing from some big air snowHead
ski holidays
skibomb, but it's GREEN hard rubber. That's what makes the difference! Laughing
snow conditions
skibomb, It's a shock abzorber. Not needed for smooth, fast piste skiing however it's kinda nice having soething to absorb the shock on a hard landing. The same reason most 'JIB Boots' have rubber base boards, to help those Knees.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Do you really think it makes a difference then? I've not had them in my hands or mounted on skis, but surely the point of mounting bindings is that there's a tight connection between ski and binding. If the shock absorbtion theory/marketing is correct, the rubber would create an amount of play between ski and binding.

FWIW I can see the point of shock absorbers in boots, but am somewhat sceptical about the practical difference this bit of rubber would make...
ski holidays
skibomb, Can't say i'll every land the same jump twice with either binding? Although i agree in principal, yes the binding should be the truest interface, however Freestylers do like a little play in their equipment to give them better chance of recovery if committed. Little Angel
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I understand why someone might want a bit of extra play under certain circumstances, but I wonder if there actually is play and, if so, to what degree. Surely the bindings are screwed tightly into the actual skis, limiting play to the extent where I'm not convinced it is noticably different.

I am happy to be proved wrong though - for my park and play skis I would be open to purchasing a pair if there is even a slight percentual change in shock to the old knees snowHead
snow conditions
skibomb, you are opening up the vexed issues of binding slop and elastic travel Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy