Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Crossfires/Recons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
I'm thinking of updating my skis to one of the above.
Have seen some on eBay, and they're way cheaper than at the usual suspects in the UK.

Only problem is...
I'm not sure what length I should get, 167 or 174.

I know it's all in the details, so here they are

Height - 178cm
Weight - 80kg

Skiing - had 4 or 5 with a guide/instructor last year who christened me Kamikaze, which seemed to find favour with the rest of the group, so this may give an indication of my skiing style/technique.

Any, preferably constructive, help and advice would be gratefully received.

Ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're called kamikaze, I'd say go for the 167, cause you'll learn how to control them.
If you go for the 174, it will help you maintain your status as a kamikaze, but not help your technique much.

(my thoughts, for what they're worth)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't know the Crossfires and I get the impression you haven't been skiing too long so maybe the 167 Recon would suit you.
The Recon is an all round ski which will go off-psite well enough - it has a 78mm waist to assist there. It also tracks well on piste.
For your height and weight you should be skiing on 174 but maybe not if you haven't much time on skis. Its an advanced-expert ski so will need to be skied quite well even though it isn't considered a tiring ski.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The crossfire is a better piste ski and if you haven't been skiing that long they will feel much more responsive on the hard stuff as they have a narrower waist width making transfer of weight from edge to edge a lot easier. The recon is a bit more piste orientated. That said they both ski very well and i'm sure you'll be happy with either.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm about the same weight as you and a little bit taller, pretty reasonable skier looking to get better in the deep stuff.

The Crossfire is a pretty stiff ski (I hated it) .. if you're 4 to 5 level is out of 10 I defintely wouldn't recommend it.

I have tried the Recon but have since (annoyingly) forgotten what I thought of it. I remember I changed it after the first day but I think that's cos there wasn't enough powder around and I wanted something more carvey for the piste.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the responses guys, looks like I should get the 167 then. The technique can always be improved :}
Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy