Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WHich skis to buy??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so I am in a dilemma,

I am looking for new skiis for this season, I am currently skiing on a pair of Salomon Equipe 10 2V's (180cm) but I need an all mountain ski. I would call myself an advanced skier, fast and agressive on the groomers, however I lose a little style off-piste.

So I am debating between:
Salomon X-Wing Fury (172cm)
Salomon X-Wing Tornado (170cm)
Atomic Metron B5 (172 cm)
Atomic Metron 11 B5 (170cm)

I am not sure whatsoever which to go for as I have never skied on an all mountain ski before. I heard that the Metron B5 is heavy, and I am not sure weather to go with the Tornado's or Furys. I ski mostly groomers, and I like steep +powder. Usually ski Whistler.
ANy help would be appreciated.
I am 178cm tall
70kg
22years old fairly fit.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you like the Salomon feel, you won't like the Atomics. They'll feel like they are on rails and probably toss you around a bit.

I think I'd lean towards the Fury with 85mm under foot instead of the Tornado with 75mm under foot for skiing the coast ranges.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FURY. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like the sound of the Fury -haven't tried it- but I am not sure how applicable it is to this user. It will be on my list to try this week.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bandit B3?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy