Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

recommend me a pair of gloves...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need a new pair of gloves. I've got big hands - like shovels and find even size xl in some makes aren't really big or comfy enough. looking for goretex, and i don't like solid leather palms - they just don't feel right to me.

So, recommend away - as long as they keep my hands toasty and dry all day on the mountain.

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look at random snowboard pairs .ski gloves are more leather palms, and tight fitting (as you have already discovered)

the longer length will keep you warmer and prevetn snow getting in the back.

Many boarder glovesa re actually better as they are desinged to be dragged in the snow and sat on all day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Head to your local Decathlon - they have so many pairs to choose from you are bound to find one pair that you like.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly, wrap a tailors measuring tape around your palm and find a make that allows you to size gloves that way. For example Hestra make a size 11 xxl that would correspond to an 11-inch wrap. You might also like mountaineering gloves (OR Pro Modular come to mind).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, ....welcome to snowheads...... snowHead

Outdoor Research Super Couloir Gloves are good heavy duty gloves. I know you mentioned not liking leather, but the palm is quite soft and flexible. These keep hands dry & warm. Removable inner glove gives these the flexibility of using outers, inners, both together and I sometimes use a pure silk glove liner when the temps really drop.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have some Dakine "something or others" (sorry can't remember the name). I bought them two years ago and worked a season as a ski host, so have seen all weathers and have always had warm hands. I bought them in snow and rock, they were £89. and are gaunlet style.

Hestra gloves are also known to be very good.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One big opening for the hand leading into another five tunnel shapes for the digits, can't go wrong with this bit of info.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hestra.......... but they feature leather and I wouldn't have a non-leather glove. A decent cobbler will be able to make a very good repair which could add another couple of years to the glove as long as you have looked after them.
Both my sets of gloves are at least 5 years old and they are like new...even with a thumb repair and you would have to look pretty damn close to see that. Well, worth the bit extra I paid.

I tend to favour gauntlets as well as it is the best way to stop snow getting between your sleeves and gloves.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep - Hestra are good - wore mine out before getting some cheap french ones which I only wore for half a day. Ive got North Face ones now which are reasonable (all fabric).
I washed the Hestras with nicwax & rubed beezwax on the leather & they are waterproof again so are kept as backups.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hestra (around 70 quid in UK or 60 euro's in Austria) as well, but the ones I have were too warm when it was -10, with -15 they are OK. But probably that was just me because my girlfriend wore them the whole day. So I hope it will be colder this year during the day then I can wear them the whole day Blush . Serious I like it when it is very cold otherwise I sweat like a pig the whole day, I've got thin North Face ones for when it is over -10.

I think I have the same ones as the previous guy, white leather and black nylon(gore tex?)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy