Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

another boot question (sorry)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there Smile
Went to get a pair of boots fitted last week and its thrown up a bit of a dilemma. I have very skinny feet with quite high arches and skinny calves. I'm a lower level advanced skiier, if that makes sense, and the fitter recommended salomon x wave 8 boots. I tried them and found them very comfortable although a little loose around the top of my foot and my ankle. They were neat around my Calf.

I Had read that rossignol boots were slim fitting so i tried a pair of rossignol bandit b14s and found them much neater around my foot and ankle although a little loose around my calf (when i do the top buckle up on the tightest notch and lean fully forward i can get a finger down the back of the boot between my calf and the liner).
The bootfitter let me take the rossignols home to wear for a week and see how i feel about them before they are heat molded and the footbeds are fitted. They feel absolutely perfect but for the tiny amount of room around the calf at full lean. The rossignol buckles can be moved across which would probably give me 2 or 3 more notches of tightness, which would probably do it, but I'm sure there is a reason why this isn't ideal?

In the opinion of the resident experienced boot fitters and anyone else who is educated in the matter, do you think the slightly loose around the foot but neat at the calf Salomons are a better choice than the neat around the foot and ankle but slightly loose around the calf Rossignols?
The bootfitter was leaning with the salomon and he seemed pretty switched on, but i really like the feel of the rossi Smile

thanks very much for reading
ryan
Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm no expert, but if you are looking for a reasonable performance boot I'd say you want all of your foot to be held firmly AND a snug fit around your lower leg. If the boots are slightly loose around the foot now, that will soon become sloppy when the boot's liners begin to compress through use. Perhaps you cold try more boots to find some that work better with your feet?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
element, Without seeing your feet it's always difficult to comment but I expect one of our foot fitting experts will be along soon to offer some words of wisdom Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Oi thats my line
Quote:

Without seeing your feet it's always difficult to comment

i would always want a really snug fit everywhere... you can move clips but it depends how far they need to be moved, you may [if it is a long way] end up stiffening the boot with all the extra plastic that ends up in front of the leg.... this can normally be resolved but......

difficult onew to comment on further without seeing how much you space you need to take up
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Again, with the caveat of really having to see your feet first, personally, I would prefer to work on a boot that is loose at the calf, than one that is loose in the foot.

It sounds like you're leaning towards the Rossi's anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My boots were slightly loose on the calf and I've had an extra thickness of 'something' put on the outside of the front tongue, just to take up a little of the volume inside. It seems to work fine and they are a snug fit (PS, I didn't put the extra stuff on, it was done by a bootfitters!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks very much for the responses everyone, i think the fog is slowly lifting Smile
Im due to go back this week to have the boots heatmolded so I'll try the salomon again and see how it goes, but i think I might just go with the rossi:)
Thanks again
ryan Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just to say I agree with veeeight about the fit around the calf being easier to sort out and stay on top of rather than having a boot with too much room around the foot. If the fitter you are going back to can't solve the problem get in touch.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy