Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Separatists (The W Team)

Poster: A snowHead
veeeight wrote:
Aren't you supposed to be practising your wedge turns? NehNeh

And of course the "racer in me" over did them and was "too aggressive"

Oh well I passed the moguls, which was my weakest section............prior to today

Roll on April exams.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
paulhothersall, Well lets hope so. Sounds interesting. Any advice to share?

How about "Don't follow someone else's tracks assuming they will lead you back to safety!"

http://www.whistlerquestion.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What's going on with the weather here in Whistler? It's raining torrentially.

My skis are in Whistler Village Sports tonight getting the edges sharpened ready for the ice rink tomorrow. Shocked

I noticed one of the shops is doing a special on rain pochos...only $19.99 ($9.99 last week). Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Whistler Question wrote:
On Feb. 13, a group of three was rescued after having followed the tracks made by another group of six that went missing two days earlier.
“The last two months have been completely out of control,” Sills said.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowy wrote:
What's going on with the weather here in Whistler? It's raining torrentially.

My skis are in Whistler Village Sports tonight getting the edges sharpened ready for the ice rink tomorrow. Shocked

I noticed one of the shops is doing a special on rain pochos...only $19.99 ($9.99 last week). Smile

Yes its raining. Freezing level dropping and much snow tomorrow. It was still fun on the hill very early morning today.

Ice rink will be fun for the national champs in a couple of weeks.

Free "plastic" top from the mountain, although I already have a fetching "yellow" intrawest yellow long coat that you willhave seen all the lifties wearing today. I have a MUCH better red top.

If the snow is good it may be well worth abusing the pre ski school/ Fresh tracks lift load option tomorrow AM.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Observer here in the UK said that Whistler was forecasting "149cm new snow over the coming week" - I'm not sure quite how they work that out (or be so precise: why 149 and not 150?) but I hope they're right:

I fly out on Saturday. WoooooooooooHooooooooooo!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Veeeight, last week I tried Pakalolo for the first time. We skied over the ridge and there was a barrier across the skiers left of the ridge fencing off Cougar Chutes and Pakalolo which said 'Experts Only'. I was a bit worried, not considering myself by any means an expert, but we skied tentatively through. Well it turned out that Pakalolo was really quite nice with a big wide entrance and not a single mogul in sight. The 'Experts Only' sign must have put people off going down there because it was pretty much untracked.

I don't feel so bad that you take your group down there for a warm up run now. You're not such a sadist after all! wink Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not at all! I do make the occasional person cry, but on the whole most folk return for yet more abuse I mean a great experience !!!

Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Acacia, I fly out on Saturday too! (from heathrow) Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tomsk and Acacia good luck with the weather in Whistler. We weren't so lucky last week and the week before in Whistler, but I'm near perfecting my schmoo skiing... wink

Symphony was lovely. It's intermediate terrain yes, but there's nothing wrong with that if you feel like a scenic cruise. Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowy, sorry to hear that you timed it to co-incide wih the schmoo. It was tough those few days.

The forecast currently reads:

Friday - 5-15cm
Tonight - 20-30cm
Sat - 15-20cm

woo hoo.

Quote:
Pakalolo was really quite nice with a big wide entrance and not a single mogul in sight

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but are you sure you hit Pakalolo and not Secret Chute (they are next to each other)? Pakalolo has never had a wide entrance, it has two great big cliff boulders/rocks that restrict the entry..... Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
veeeight, I don't remember Secret Chute having an Experts Only sign though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
veeeight wrote:
Snowy, sorry to hear that you timed it to co-incide wih the schmoo. It was tough those few days.

The forecast currently reads:

Friday - 5-15cm
Tonight - 20-30cm
Sat - 15-20cm

woo hoo.

Quote:
Pakalolo was really quite nice with a big wide entrance and not a single mogul in sight

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but are you sure you hit Pakalolo and not Secret Chute (they are next to each other)? Pakalolo has never had a wide entrance, it has two great big cliff boulders/rocks that restrict the entry..... Shocked

Pakalolo entrance is a huge and simple ski-in on a relative scale (compared to say pipeline next to it) - I've never seen it particularly tricky except for the kind of somme like entrance that sometimes forms - but still as a double-black it's not really up there with say the Glacier Couloir or Excitation
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
veeeight, What is the qualification of the ski instructors teaching the super group class (I will take the L4). I am going to Whistler on Apr 2 for 1 week.

I am also shopping around for a real "water proof" gloves. Do you have any suggestion??
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i) At least CSIA L3's or international equivalent (they teach Level4's to 6).

ii)
ski holidays
Snowy, Pakalolo entrance is only 6 - 6.5 meters wide, which is fairly tight. So if the slope that you skied had a "wide" or "huge" entrance- then I'd have to agree with veeeight that you probably made some great turns down Secret Chute. (which is actually a single black run)- but by your description, if you went under the rope you must have skiied Pakalolo. As Stuarth mentioned, there are additional unmarked and unofficial runs that are hidden here and there- but you wouldn't have been skiing any of those. Pipeline and teetering rock have had cornices this season which have made them basically unskiable.

I agree with Stuarth- Pakalolo is the first double black run that I take client's to for their first double black experience. On Whistler- Glacier Cirque is probably the easiest "double black" piste. The top entrance of Glacier Couloir, and West Couloir, represent the most difficult marked double black runs on either mountain. Excitation and many others aren't marked on the trail maps, nor by an official sign, so they don't count. ( False face is sorta marked- but bushrat and five-oh, etc, aren't- so I'm not counting them either......)

Glad to hear that you're out and about and skiing some of the best steep terrain that the mountain's have to offer!
snow report
Quote:

Snowy did Pakalolo, she is a much stronger skier than she cares to admit and, for her, Pakalolo has a wide entrance. Snowy you sandbagger you.
ski holidays
skierguy_75 wrote:
Snowy, Pakalolo entrance is only 6 - 6.5 meters wide

6M- that's huge - You could get a bus through there!! wink

Snowy did indeed ski down Pakalolo, Mr Fafferson probably just approximated skiing down it, drinking his tea as he went.
ski holidays
Skimak wrote:
veeeight, What is the qualification of the ski instructors teaching the super group class (I will take the L4). I am going to Whistler on Apr 2 for 1 week.

I am also shopping around for a real "water proof" gloves. Do you have any suggestion??

Rubber gardening gloves are the ultimate in waterproof performance - but if you don't like that idea, Hestra Army XCR gloves do pretty well.
snow report
veeeightstuarth, Thanks for your advice. I couldnt find the Hestra gloves in Toronto so I may buy it in Whistler.
latest report
Skimak wrote:
veeeightstuarth, Thanks for your advice. I couldnt find the Hestra gloves in Toronto so I may buy it in Whistler.

Try Escape Route in the market place, they sold Hestra stuff last year.
latest report
Kenny, welcome to snowHead !
latest report
Kenny wrote:
Snowy did Pakalolo, she is a much stronger skier than she cares to admit and, for her, Pakalolo has a wide entrance. Snowy you sandbagger you.

Aww, thanks Kenny!

Yes, it was definitely pakalolo. Very Happy When I say "narrow entrance", I'd be referring to something like the glacier cirque, which every assured me had an easy(er) entrance this year. Shocked Skullie i.e. Pakalolo by comparison had an entrance wide enough to fit 2 buses through at the same time.

PS I am NOT a sandbagger! Blush wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy