Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Title change: Avalanche Awareness - a snowHeads event? (was "Shocking!")

Are you interested in attending a special snowHeads "Henry's Avalanche Talk"?
Yes - at Milton Keynes
18%
 18%  [ 14 ]
Yes - at Castleford
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Yes - somewhere near Macclesfied
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
Yes - at another location (please specify)
42%
 42%  [ 33 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Voted : 62
Total Votes : 77

Poster: A snowHead
Would consider MK or anywhere south of it... (or maybe Castleford for a weekend Laughing ) as long as it's on my days off rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Southampton is good for me too - so thats two difficult ones Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anywhere south, Basingstoke anyone!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
down south please. I travel to the UK alot but only fly into Southampton & Gatwick..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Castleford would be ok,especially at a weekend. Maccesfield may be a possibility during the week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
looking like we need two, one south and one midlands/north.
Both would get more attendence than they been getting by the sounds of it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If there was a talk in Chester, Liverpool or even Manchester I could make it. Would defo attend snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anywhere within an hours drive of Leeds would be good Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like we need two talk in the north and south
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty, hey what about us poor folk (ie me) in the middle? I'm a 2 hour drive from both north and south I reckon. Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarpa, Macc. is probably as close as Manchester for you.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would have preferred a NE venue and I'm going to a Snow + Rock avalanche awareness talk at the Metro centre store.

Paul
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
London, or south & west of london....please
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would be interested in something south of London e.g. Southampton.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have put Henry in touch with admin so having generated so much interest, here's hoping something can be sorted out for a snowHeads' event! snowHead
snow conditions
pfairbrother, whens that on then ?
snow report
steve wrote:
Anywhere south, Basingstoke anyone!!!
Would suit me Very Happy

MK is probably too far for me Confused Would consider Southampton or SW London.
ski holidays
Roger C wrote:
would tying one in with the Richmond Park bleep session be possible?

otherwise would be keen to attend a talk held in the south or maybe london

Me and hubby would be keen to combine the Richmond bleep session with a HAT Cool
snow conditions
Surrey, Kent or Outer South West London would be good for me.

And if anyone is interested Snow And Rock in Chertsey are running a talk on Ski maintenance on 30 th November, you seem to have to put your name down for it - I have.
snow report
Yes, but somewhere in the Midlands would be good.
snow report
I'd love to do one, but when I looked at the schedule there was nothing in London - which I found very surprising - and the talks in Milton Keynes were at times that were difficult to get to from London.
snow report
Hi snowHeads,

Thank you to all of you for your encouraging comments. I'm very touched especially by the snowHead who came to our talks in MK and took the initiative to start a forum/poll about HAT talks in the UK. I will be contacting admin soon, but wanted to post a thank you to all of you first. I will pay special attention to the poll here and your comments and will discuss with admin about another talk(s). I've noted all the requests from the forum/poll especially the suggestions and emails around a 'HAT' during the sH beeper training at Richmond Park on Nov 26... I have a seminar to give in Courchevel at 2pm on the 27th. That would make it tight, but not impossible. I'll chat with admin and will get something sorted. In the mean time, our already-scheduled-talks in the UK can be seen on http://henrysavalanchetalk.com/main/talks/schedule.do . In brief, we'll be in Poole doing talks and courses next Thursday to Sunday Nov 9 and 12 and then four dates at GJ's in Wandsworth: December 3rd, January 21st, February 11 and March 4.

All the best from a new snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
Nickski, voted for Macc but would do L'pool (closest) or Manc'
ski holidays
Weekends only, preferably MK, but will go to London too.
snow report
Henry, welcome to snowHeads. It's always good to have people with particular expertise contribute.
ski holidays
Henry, welcome in, nice to have you around.
latest report
Henry, hoped you'd join up!! Welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead . Your expertise will be a great asset! Very Happy
ski holidays
Henry, Welcome to sHs, if I wasn't working on Thursday evening I could have made your Poole talk. Sad Never mind, hopefully I'll be able to get to a sH talk, if there's to be one near us Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the warm welcome! For the 'somewhere near Macclesfied contingent', I will be in Huddersfield this weekend and am happy to pull together a talk at very short notice on Sat or Sun early to mid-afternoon in Macc or near by if anyone is interested. I have all the AV gear so can set up anywhere with electricity...which I know they have in Macclesfield because I've actually been there! my girlfriend is from there. Am happy to do this even for a small group and perhaps in the spirit of the SnowHeads 'PayPal donate' system rather than an entry fee for those who attend. It's a long way up north, so I'm hitting the road now and will be checking back in tomorrow morning - maybe the sHs with my number can call me if need be.

PS IncoqSkiSno, on Sunday 12 Nov in Poole we are doing two talks and beeper training in the sand dunes too with a buffet afterwards (I havent updated the schedule yet for this, but give Ride Cycleworks a call 01202 741744 http://www.ride-cycle-works.co.uk/)
latest report
Henry wrote:
I will be in Huddersfield this weekend .......

Never mind, someone has to go there. wink
snow report
Bah, playing hockey Sat & Sunday otherwise would have made a trip Sad
ski holidays
marc gledhill wrote:
Henry wrote:
I will be in Huddersfield this weekend .......

Never mind, someone has to go there. wink

Could be worse - Halifax. They hang people there!
ski holidays
I did not even know it was on, if they do one again at MK I would be really interested to attend
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy