Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheaper to shop in Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need (before I crack a rock with my head..) to buy a helmet.
Would it be cheaper here in ole Blighty or in Tignes? (I'm at the SnoWorks course Dec 2-10)

Also is it worth buying those gripper thingamajigs that hook onto ski boots for walking around in? If so any recommendations.

TIA
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tomsk, on the gripper question, I've used Cat Tracks, which are the only game in town SFAIK. Once they're on, they work pretty well; the boots are a bit easier to walk in and I imagine that the soles are protected to an extent. They're buggers to put on, especially with your boots on. They do eventually loosen up a bit and become easier, but shortly after that they become so loose that they fall off.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tomsk, Not used Cat tracks, but never had a problem walking in ski boots, and my last pair (upgraded last monday Very Happy) were a long way from 'worn out' on the soles. So I don't really see the point Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The helmet prices shouldn't vary too much between the two countries as I keep a pretty close eye on european pricing as i get asked that question on a lot of ski and board hardware. Probably best to try a few on here and if nothing takes your fancy then look again in tignes.
snow report
 brian
brian
sail and ski, welcome to snowHead s

If your helmet prices are as cheap as the Scott XCR ski pants I bought off you recently then they will be value indeed wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ah? hi brian. Glad to see a snowhead managed to get a piece of that action. Can't promise the same on the helmets but we are as cheap as we can be.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Would it be cheaper here in ole Blighty or in Tignes

another question "do I really want to waste my very expensive ski time shopping round for helmets in Tignes"? It's worth going somewhere you can get sensible advice (e.g. on fit) in English.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, that's why I was asking if it's cheaper in Tignes. If it isn't I'll just get a helmet here before I go. As for fitting, I had a some experience with assorted cycle and motorcyle helmets. Fortunately I've never given my helmets a proper test.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I found the selection of helmets in Trois Vallees and Morzine to be poor compared to UK shops, all the shops I tried had a v limited selection, and none seemed to stock Giro, which is what I was after for the extra ventilation.

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sail and ski, you have brian to thank for the sale (to me) of a rather tasty green scott jacket. maybe you should be paying a commission? wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tomsk, If you can wait a week, I will be in Tignes from next Saturday.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tomsk, When we last looked at helmets I found prices to be a lot cheaper in France,

(Morzine kitenski, to be specific. Where - and maybe more importantly when did you look?)

But we only wanted to buy for a specific race and not for general skiing so fashion, branding, etc. didn't enter the equation. Just cheap and with the correct certification (and worked with the then goggles).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
david - if I could be specific I would have been, I was there for a weekend skiing last Dec, it was just wandering around a few shops while the other guys sorted ski hire out.

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rjs, I can wait. I'll be in Tignes in Dec.
I was going to try everything that EB and S&R have, and if I found one I liked, start looking for a cheaper supplier - on the intergoogleweb or maybe Tignes.
I'm not too bothered by the colour as I could always get a respray.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy