Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are your criteria?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If with wife & kids:
1) lots of blue and red runs and small resort
2) Easy access to slopes i.e. not a lot of walking
3) High resort

If just me and mates:
1) Lots of reds and blacks
2) Big ski area
3 Short transfer time to maximise skiing

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1) snow sure (to the extent that this is predictable)
2) ski convenience ie ski in/out
3) well-planned lift system (so no big bottle-necks)

Imho anywhere that ticks the above boxes will have easily enough terrain for me. Cool

Increasingly important for me though is the availability of native English speaking instructors for children (and myself!). This was the final determining factor in our choice of resort for the family ski holiday this year.

Other factors are
a) short transfer (if flying)
b) alpine charm

But I wouldn't generally sacrifice 1-3 for a or b (ie unless it's for somewhere special - Cham, Kitz, Wengen etc). Little Angel

One bugbear I've always had about some snowHeads' resort recommendations is that even when the original poster has specifically asked for ski convenience as an important criterion this is often ignored and the charm of the resort substituted instead. rolling eyes

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slikedges wrote:
One bugbear I've always had about some snowHeads' resort recommendations is that even when the original poster has specifically asked for ski convenience as an important criterion this is often ignored and the charm of the resort substituted instead. rolling eyes

snowHead

Resort charm is over-rated in my opinion - the grandeur of the mountains is what takes my breath away, not pretty views around the village.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges wrote:
1) snow sure (to the extent that this is predictable)

There's an oxymoron lurking there!

Quote:

I'm not sure how 'ski convenience' can be assessed for a whole resort - certainly not a large one. It seems to me more an attribute of a particular hotel / chalet / apartment.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmm, 1,2,3.

I went to the Eosb with a bunch of people I'd never met at a time when I wasn't expecting particularly good snow. So my number one criteria is the chance to ski but let's discount that for now.

There are quite a lot of factors. I generally organise for 'my lot' because I'm keen to have something sorted. Once 1 or 2 trips are booked I can relax and everything else is a bonus.

1. The experience, which is a sneaky way of getting a few criteria in under one umbrella.

I can't answer this. It's the whole package. In particular I now feel that a resort's rep is the last thing to worry about. If you go to a so-called beginner's/intermediate resort, guess what, nobody skis off piste.

Changed my mind:

1. The people I'm going away with dictate it but ideally skewed to what I want.
2. Who cares I'm skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can't believe that my number one criterion has not been mentioned by anyone else - Lots of tree skiing, particularly for when the visibility is less than perfect. Anyone who has had a weel of white-outs at Val Thoren will know that you can have all the other essential (geat off-piste, extensive pistes, good lift system, etc.) but it's all to no avail if you can't see.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1. Ski in ski out
2. Good hot chocolate (need to ski in Italy more!)
3. Slope-side restaurants with "atmosphere".

That's my 3 - but not enough!

I want good snow, varied terrain, some trees, good lift-system, convenient transfers.....

I think I might be getting a bit picky in my old age.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
(1) & (2) Lots of challenging off-piste...
(3) not many other skiers wanting to ski it.

Good snow is more a matter of luck.

All other criteria (good food, nice town, good range of pistes, efficient lift system) pale into insignificance.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In order of importance: (snow I take as granted as I don't book up too far ahead)

Somewhere you can 'travel around'
Good food
Few other brits
Lack of queues
Good lift system
Good piste maintenance
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
1. Good snow
2. Lots of reds and blues
3. En-suite bathroom in a clean chalet

Give me those and I'm happy. Not worried about how many 'T' bar lifts there are, whether I have to wait a while to get on a lift or will the sun shine?

If I can have 2 more they would be:

4. Ski and out
5. Decent Vin Chaud Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow quality/quantity.
Variety of terrain.
Lack of crowds.
Friendly.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
1. Can get to it easily from Bristol airport
2. Likely to have good snow cover in the week I'm going
3. Good quality accomodation
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1. Mates
2a. Terrain
2b. Snow
3. Mates
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy