Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

board size question(help)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
im 5'10" and 180lbs and wear a size 9-1/2 boot. i been riding on and off for 6 years on a 159 and want to get a new board. im into backcountry,bowls,glades,trees i hit some cliff drops,some park hits but mostly off the beaten path(groomers) so what size should i get im thinking a 162cm up from my reg 159..? any help.. thanks in advance. Toofy Grin Skullie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Indatreez, You could go fatter rather than longer,
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Indatreez, Not sure I would be able to tell the difference between a 159 and a 162. I dare see a 159 of one model would seem bigger than a 162 of another if it had a longer effective edge.

I am about your size and used to use a Rad Air Tanker 182 quite happily (not being in to freestyle). In any case I suppose a demo would be a good idea.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Indatreez,

Whats your current board?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Board sizes do vary, as some manufacturers use actual length & some use effective length, my 2 boards are supposedly 6 cm different in size, yet both come up to my chin.

I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a 159 & 162 cm board.

I'd demo a few before deciding anyway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ssnowman wrote:

I'd demo a few before deciding anyway.

Definately agree with this.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Similar build although a few inches taller and i ride a K2 Illusion wide. No real problems at 162 cos the board is nice and fat Very Happy for me anyway. As ssnowman, has stated a few cm and you won't notice much difference.

Would just go and demo as much as you can or go to a snowHead snowHead ski test day at Cas' or similar. There are boards too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the flex is more important then the length- a stiffer board can carry greater weight, will require more effort to turn but be more stable at speed so it depends which board you choose and you level of riding and fitness what length would be best....
Best thing to do if find somewhere you can demo some - a lot of shops in resort will offer try before you buy on their most popular boards.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy