Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier vs St Anton vs Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to go for a week in Feb.

It will be a small group of 4 or 5 of us, aged between 30 and 40.

I snowboard, and the rest ski. We are all intermediate to advanced ability.

We did Vail last year which was amazing. This year we want to do Europe. The above three resorts have been recommended to us by my boss who is a ski fanatic, so I do trust his judgement.

What are the pros and cons of each and which would you recommend?

Thanks in anticipation.

James
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally I would be happy to spend time in any of them. I've only been to Veriber of the three. Pros better nightlife than France but prob not as good as Austrian resorts. Skiing is fantastic but for an area claiming 400kms of piste nowhere near as easy to navigate as say the three vallees in France. I think you boss has given you pretty good tips and you'll enjoy whichever of the three you end up in. I would be careful when you go in Feb. Verbier certainly has a reputation for being busy with large queues at half term Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ischgl is good, but not a patch on Verbier or St Anton.

Verbier and St Anton are pretty much equal in terms of skiing. Both are top-class ski resorts, among the top 10 in the world.

Both have rowdy nightlife. St Anton attracts downmarket Brits, Scandies and Aussies, while Verbier is a magnet for faux-posh Brits.

Both will be busy for most of Feb and you should expect lift lines.

Ideally, I would choose both, but if I had to pick one, then I would probably plump for Verbier, due to its slightly classier atmosphere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Norbert666, As with the other folks all the resorts that you specify are great, but on balance I would go for Verbier. I see that you have some advanced folks in the group - well some of the off-piste there is quite daunting ie Mont Gele, Gentianes and Col de Chassoure. Also loads of touring possibilities over to Nendaz via Chassoure and Plan du Fou or trek over to Veysonnaz for the Piste de l'Ours (Bear Run). You won't be disappointed! wink Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Ischgl is good, but not a patch on Verbier or St Anton.
Can't agree, especially when the ability is described as int to adv. Norbert666, if you really enjoyed Vail I'd say there's a fair chance you'd love Ischgl most out of the 3.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Verbier looks pretty decent, and the nightlife seems to appeal to our gang!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice, reasonably priced chalet in or near the town?

Many thanks

James
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd go for Ischgl this year, and then Verbier and St Anton in consecutive years. I've only been to St Anton of the three, but I would highly recommend it, and would say it's not to be missed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have been to St Anton three times. There is lots of scope there. It is a world class resort.

I would like to go to Ischgl as it sounds very good.

I will actually be going Verbier - but only because of a Warren Smith course. Otherwise, I would give Verbier a miss, as it does not sound like my cup of tea. It is a chalet resort, there are plenty of hotels in Ischgl and St Anton. Verbier is not supposed to that easy to find your way around it and it has a reputation for being expensive.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Remember that with St Anton, you also get St Christoph, Stuben, Zurs, Lech, and Sonnenkopf on the same lift ticket. Over 80 lifts in all, including the new uber-cool Galzigbahn: http://www.galzigbahn.at/news.php
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am based in St Anton in the winter but looking at your group's overall ability Norbert666, I would choose Ichgl over St Anton. Ichgl is a fantastic resort for good intermediates, the nightlife is good too!

If you stay at Ischgl then you can get over to St Anton for a day trip to check that out as well.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Norbert666 wrote:
Verbier looks pretty decent, and the nightlife seems to appeal to our gang!

I have only been to Verbier in the summer (i've skied the other end of the 4 valleys) and it is very pretty but i very much doubt the nightlife is even a patch on either St Anton or Ischgl. Also Verbier is very spread out over the hillside so i'd say from most accomodation you'd have to get buses to the lifts whereas in the other two you can walk to the lifts from most places.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy