Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Manchester Ski show

Poster: A snowHead
I haven't been to it before as I usually make the London show. Due to other things getting in the way I couldn't make it and am thinking of heading west to Manchester to see the what it has to offer. Any one been or know what to expect?

Thanks
JP
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes - it's not huge but there will be bargain kit there, plus a reasonable spread of holiday companies. Look up http://www.globalsnowshows.co.uk/ski/player.htm to see wot's wot. And we've got a deal on subs with ski poles (87th time of mentioning and counting- I REALLY want rid of these poles without having to post them...)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is the Manchester show about the same size as the Birmingham one?

Just wondering if the Brum one is worth visiting.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fallliner, Thanks for that. I have just re-subscribed but not managed to get any free offers, so if your desperate to off load some I'll drop by for a pair Wink.

JP
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was going to go on my bike for a ride on Sunday - but could be tempted to nip over to the G Mex.

Anyone else going?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Havng been a couple of times on free tickets there;'s no way I'd ever pay to go. the "show" filled maybe a third of the hall, and most of it was shops
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt, cheers. I won't bother then.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marc gledhill wrote:
I was going to go on my bike for a ride on Sunday - but could be tempted to nip over to the G Mex.

Could you not do both, it's only about 35 miles across top of the moors. Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Id ditto the above, For free its ok, To pay its not worth it. A lot of propoerty companies. Only one bargain ski outlet, though but they were good.

As for the display team, after watching a couple of Warren Miller vidoes, I was bored after the first two jumps they did!.

Rog
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I thought the show was small previous years but it was tiny this year, I am glad I didn't pay full price. There were hardly any stands from the resorts, fortunately the ones we needed for Canada were there, but there was no-one from Big White etc (it was talking to them a few years ago which meant that we had two holidays there) and very few European ones.

Don't think I will bother again Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anniegirl, Agree that it was a liitle on the small size, with not many european resorts/to's. Glad I was in Manchester for other business aswell.
Met up with fallliner, for a chat.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah agree with most fairly small, compared to recent years, wouldnt pay full price, sounds like alot didnt!!, got some good bargains, got there early. probably end up going again gets you in the season spirit.... wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga, I'd also be interested in hearing if the Birmingham show is worth visiting, coz we only live up the road, and we might visit if we have a moment.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep, very small with a great big coach parked at one end!? Managed to get free entry with SCGB voucher. Not many bargains to be had IMO.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I didn't realise i could ever be as disappointed in my life it was horrid. I dont know if i was expecting too much, but i was expecting to see some new gear and to see what new stuff was out for 2007. insted i got a jumble sale, got charged £7.50 to go in and £3.00 for a drink. if anyone who reads this was involved in organising it you owe me £7.50 and my £10.00 taxi fair.
ski holidays
Well, for us it wasn't bad - since it costs a fair amount to be there we have to sell some subs and give out plenty of freebies to make it work, and that happened. If there's stuff people would like to see at a show this is a good place to get feedback to the organisers.
ski holidays
Quote:

I didn't realise i could ever be as disappointed in my life it was horrid. I dont know if i was expecting too much, but i was expecting to see some new gear and to see what new stuff was out for 2007. insted i got a jumble sale, got charged £7.50 to go in and £3.00 for a drink. if anyone who reads this was involved in organising it you owe me £7.50 and my £10.00 taxi fair.

So no change from previous years then! Sad

I've been to previous years MCR shows and they've allways been a real dissapointment. Too small, amateurish, should be free entry.

I went to the Metro Show at Olympia and I will go to the NEC later this week. On past performance, the NEC should be the most comprehensive. We'll see. snowHead
snow report
AD, aye. Last 2 years were the same. The only ski clothing there was a couple of seasons old tat, that the stallholder couldn't shift in their retail premises. Went the one in the NEC 3 years ago, and that was really good.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy