Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What size Karmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Out of interest, just wondering what size Karma's I should ski on?

I currently have 171cm 1080s, am contemplating getting a stiffer ski for on piste work and crud, that will still work as well in the moguls, off piste etc as an all round ski.

I'm 5ft 10", and weigh 12st 12lbs or 81kg.

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Hey Greg. Dunno if you have seen my topic where I was asking for opinions on whether to get K2 PEs or the Karmas. I more or less want to get the karmas. The only problem is that I was going to get the 174 PEs and they don't do that in the Karmas.

I actually have exactly the same dimensions as you in height and weight so would also be interested in opinions. I think I will prob end up going for the 177 as opposed to dropping to the 169.... I am going to EB tonight to discuss so will let you know what we decide.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ride what you feel comfortable using. The skis should be the height of your eyes, nose, forehead, whatever rule is no longer valid, especially with carving and twin-tip ski's. In the US and Canada they tend to suggest longer ski's. When I bought my K2 Seth's they recommended 189. My PE's are 174 and I love them. The seth's I got in the end were 169, not too long and flappy but good enough for turns.

It more depends on where you will use them, on/off piste, powder, crud, park etc. Plus your ability level and agression.

PS Im 6ft 4 and a heavy chap !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree with Jarvski to the extent that it is personal preference. Some people like their skis longer, some shorter, and for a lot of people is a case of d1ck waving.

Do with what feels right for you and what you want to use them for. If you already ride 171s you could go either way, depending what you want to do and progress with them.

Although I have to say that skis 20+ cm shorter than yourself will make your less than perfect float I suspect Jarvski, wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey .... even in water I don't float Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The wrong size ( short ) will dive in deep snow and throw you over the fronts or you will spend too much effort keeping them alive that you'll wreck your balance IMV. If the Karma's ski as a twin tip then add 10cm or so - I'd say 177 would be what you want, minimum
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
177. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gotta have good karma, man
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
177 NehNeh

I found the longer ones (185?) unwieildy in the bumps, trees and other tricky spots, 16? too short and unstable, 177 puuurrrfect snowHead

PS. Hated seth pistols. they were like skiing on a pair of big flippers - just goes to show as mentioned above, it's all about personal preference! Razz
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm about the same height and weight as you and have 177 Karmas.

I got last years model very cheap from <www.sportconrad.com> - I think they've sold out, but the new version is a lot cheaper than in the UK.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy