Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel and Ski Welt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I having a bit of trouble confirming this so....is Kitzbuhel/ Kirchberg now linked to the skiwelt area?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, Kirchberg is now linked into Westendorf which is part of the Skiwelt but a bus ride from the main part.

More info here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The link is usable but pretty ropey. As FenlandSkier says, it involves a bus (or cab) ride. You can either go directly from Kitzbuhel town, using a (in my experience) completely crap bus service, t othe bottom of the new gondola, and then up you go to Westendorf, or you can ski down to Kirchberg or elsewhere in that valley and pick up a bus to the gondola. Same routine coming back. Westendorf is not linked properly to the rest of ski Welt, as I understand it, so a further bus is needed to ski elsewhere. There is a pass available for Kitzbuhel area and ski Welt for little more than Kitzbuhel area alone; I think one day in Westendorf and it pays for itself.

Westendorf is pretty and quiet and a good beginners' resort, I imagine, but there's not much skiing there to interest reasonably good skiers for long. The trickiest run we found was the one back down under the gondola on the way home, in poor light; beginners would not enjoy that , but could take the gondola down. Probably a good spot when it's snowing as it's almost all below the tree line, IIRC (lots of Kitzbuhel is, of course). Good grub on the mountain. We enjoyed our day there this season, and skied almost everything, but I doubt that we'll rush back.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 8-11-06 16:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes most of SkiWelt I went to was never toooo taxing - like Richmond says a good beginners place to be. I never went over to Westendorf as it was just too far really, kind of wish I had but didn't really have the stamina to ski all that way over there! (I was in Ellmau)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can only assume that the Kitzbuhel - Westendorf connection was driven by Westendorf/Ski Welt as a connection to Kitzbuhel to attract more advanced skiers (not that Kitzbuhel is ever likely to be confused with St Anton).

Once there's a run and a lift on the Kitxbuhel side of the valley opposite the Westendorf gondola and Westendorf links properly to the rest of Ski Welt, the link'll be fine. Not aware of any plans for that, 'though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We found the bus connection from Kitzbuhel to Ski Welt was suberb last year, but we did have the benefit of staying right by the bus stop. There was a bus out of Kitzbuhel at about 8.45, stopping right at the Brixen lift, and return buses about 2:30, 4:30 and 5:45. It's about 30 minutes each way. The buses go from a stop on the ringbus, 2 stops after Kitzbuheler Horn, opposite the car park and about 50m from the big lift down from the old town centre. They also stop at the bottom of the gondola up to Kitzbuhel, not the Hahnenkamm but the next lift towards Kirchberg. The bus is covered by the lift pass.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy