Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Its still only October

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The World Cup as due to start in Solden this week but has been posponed because of heavy rain and warm temperatures. Why start the season in October? Surely they should wait at least until end of November when there may be a chance of some snow on the ground?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does seem silly yes.

Never mind, I believe a skiff of early snow is forecast to fall in the Cairngorms and on other peaks in Scotland... winter is on the way Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is the first time that it's been cancelled in 10 years apparently. It was touch and go whether it would be cancelled as only the lower part of the race piste is badly affected - the upper part is fine for racing but FIS rules don't allow for the finish area to be moved to a higher altitude.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
halfhand, winter may seem a long way off to you but I am hoping to be on the slopes at a local resort that tops out at 2000m within 3 weeks. If they have to cancel the event it is not the end of the world, they end up cancelling plenty of mid winter races due to bad weather after all.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just seems daft to have these races in October that's all. nessy, I'm jealous - no snow around here and nor is there likely to be either. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nessy wrote:
I am hoping to be on the slopes at a local resort that tops out at 2000m within 3 weeks.

Mad Mad not fair Mad Mad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand, Posted here earlier this week

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=19646

The reason why they hold the race this early is to do with their training programs. It gives them an indication on how their summer traing as gone
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
halfhand, I always look forward to the opener. And normally it pans out OK. The glaciers have generally been in business for over a month already and the conditions are often pretty good. I would imagine it is probably one of the more reliable events on the calendar since it is less likely to be disturbed by heavy snowfall.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy