Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Moritz Hotel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel in St Moritz Dorf (not Bad) that is reasonably close to a lift or main skibus stop and does not require too much walking? Somewhere in the GBP40 - 60 pppn range would be ideal.

Separately, what's the consensus on St Moritz for a skiing vacation? Good or bad?

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitegold, I've been to St.Moritz and Pontresina a few times. Personally I like it a lot. Only downside is that it consists of two separate ski areas in St.Moritz and another area up on the Bernina pass for Pontresina. You get a lot of Italians and Italian swiss go there. Very few Brits other than the ludicrous set who play with horses on the lake.
It's definitely worth visiting. If you are a good skier and there has been fresh snow then don't forget to visit the Lagalb mountain up on the Bernina pass. Brilliant! If it's open you can also ski down the Diavolezza glacier also from the top of Bernina, and get the swiss railway back up again. It's a different kind of skiing.

I always stayed in Club Med in St.Moritz, so can't really recommend any hotels.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold wrote:
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel in St Moritz Dorf (not Bad) that is reasonably close to a lift or main skibus stop and does not require too much walking? Somewhere in the GBP40 - 60 pppn range would be ideal.

Separately, what's the consensus on St Moritz for a skiing vacation? Good or bad?

Thanks in advance.

St Moritz, done a season there. High, cold with lack of snow in winter, comes into its own later in the season. Some excellent skiing but linked via the valley in typical Swiss fashion. Very snobby, especially the Brits! Swiss Ski School wasn't good unless you had a private instructor.

The Steffani is good but your budget looks tight to be honest. You are certainly not talking Schweizerhof or Badrutt's Palace. Schweizerhof cellar bar is lively. Some good shopping.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold, Your price range could accomodate a small round of drinks in the Palace Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. Useful.

It looks like it will be the 3-star Languard Hotel in Dorf. It is GBP70 pppn, so a little over budget. Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy