Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer RX9's Any Good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New to Snowheads and looking to buy some new Skis. Been skiing for best part of 30 years still trying to improve. Doing a little bit of racing but mainly on piste but reasonably fast. By no means an expert. Height 5'11 weight 14 st. Have had two pairs of Atomic in the past.
Any thoughts would be great can't find that much about them. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
murf, Welcome to snowHeads.

I've only demo'd the RX9's at Xscape but I loved them & they've received great reviews as a mid/long 17m radius carver. The RX8's are also superb if you want a shorter 12m radius carver. I think that there are a number of RX owners on the forum so they should be along soon.

Me, I'm an Atomic man & would choose the SX10-B5's over the RX9.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads murf! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just spent the best part of an hour on them at Castleford tonight, I quite like them. Not sure what they'd go like in the softer stuff but they ran well on the choppy bits at the egde of the slope.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
murf
I ski on a pair of 165cm RX8's (last season’s model) which I got over the internet from Ski Bilek. I'm 5'10" 12st. I skied them for the best part of 3 weeks on snow last year and on my local plastic over the summer and I absolutely love them for piste skiing - super fast edge change and huge grip, they're great for both short and medium carved turns, yet easy to handle at low speeds or on steeps. No width underfoot so not great in the soft stuff... also the pilot needs a little work in this area too!

I have friend who has skied last seasons RX9's and his general impression was that the 9 was a little stiffer so traded the versatility for even more grip in longer truns at high speeds.

I will be taking my 8's to Tignes for a pre-season GS course with snoworks this Nov, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform in the gates
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The sidecut on the RX9 is 110/69/96, at first blush this seems almost archaic in these Metron-inspired days (but I like it, in the Ogasaka version).

Does anyone here have an opinion on the Dynastar skicross line (SC09, SC10)? Has the versatility of these consumercross skis been entirely surpassed?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I also tried th RX 9's at Castleford lastnight and they were pretty easy to get on with. I would still prefer theRX8s though.

The RX8s are very easy to turn and feel very smooth and stable under foot.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are there any poor skis around these days?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Are there any poor skis around these days?

Only if they're poorly tuned wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
murf, the RX series are great skis. RX8 for quicker turns, RX9 for longer. Both lively. Both fun. Lots of energy. Lots of edgehold. You can't go wrong with either.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RX8s are great. I have them in 175 and find them fine in long or short turns. I agree about them in soft snow (albeit that's me not the ski). It was a real eye opener going back on my Legend 4800s and doing long carve turns- had to slow down
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I found the RX8s super in snow up to a couple of feet deep here in Colorado. Of course, you ski more "in" the snow than "on" the snow, but I like that!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some great replies thanks I will be going to the Brum Ski Show next week so no doubt change my mind again, I also went to the Snoworks Tignes GS training last year. Had a fantastic time both on and off the slopes. Made me realise how unfit I was, probably won't change this year either! Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy