Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing DVD's

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for good suggestions on which skiing DVD's (past or present) to buy.

It's that time of year when the restrictions on mountain biking come into effect (closed trails, darkness etc) and it's difficult to exercise outside. This month I will be mostly bored to tears on a stationary bike / cross trainer trying to cling onto some fitness before the snow falls. To ease the boredom I normally watch skiing DVD's but haven't got that many, hence the request.

So, your nominations please ......

edit anybody give a review of these?
http://www.actionsportsdvd.com/skiing.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My all time favorites are the "Ski Movie" trilogy, produced by Matchstick Productions (Ski Movie, Ski Movie II: High Society, Ski Movie III: The Front Line). They feature some great skiers (i.e. Seth Morrison, Shane McConkey, Glen Plake) hitting some amazing lines, feature some great music, and have some fantastic cinematography. In my opinion, nothing else even comes close, including MSP's more recent films. If you get a chance check them out. TGR's stuff is not bad either.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best ski movie of all time The Blizard of ahhhs wore my original tape out now got it on dvd
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used to have Aspen Extreme on video
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/PROD/3-/157899/Aspen_Extreme/Product.html

Rubbish plot etc, but some great skiing in there aswell though

Snow Job is ok aswell. Bit of a lads film though
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/117270/Snow_Job/Product.html

Any other suggestions for something similar?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My favourite is High Five, it has an awesome sound track. Oh and some pretty special skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I like Aspen Extreme as a cheesy film - you can't beat Eddie Shoestring & Martin Kemp of Spandau Ballet as teutonic ski stereotypes.

Just seen Anomaly which has some jawdropping sequences, but pretty much any Matchstick or TGR flick will do the job
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blizzard of Ahhs is good. Over rated but still good. Fistful of Moguls, now there is some skiing.

Waited for my newer stuff to arrive. TGR for thingy, single word, can't be arsed to go down stairs.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
no snow in swindon.

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRULY GREAT SKI FILM:

"SKI SCHOOL" (1991)

I rest my case.

Very Happy wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In addition to Blizzard of Ahhs, My other Greg Stump favourite is Pe-tex, Lies and Duct Tape and the Beastie Boys soundtrack rocks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Aye, P-Tex, Lies and Duct Tape is great too - it's what further tempted me to Revelstoke, Canada, and to seek out the yellow "REVELSTOKE" sign hanging over the Canadian-Pacific railway crossing in town... This docu film features 20mins or so of surfing as well. Although I like surfing, I found this part a bit boring though, since it pales in comparison when placed side by side with skiing/snowboarding. snowHead

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 26-10-06 18:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are all these films freestyle/extreme skiing? Forgive the sacrilege but I have little interest in things like that, partly because it's all a bit too "yo dude"-y, and partly because I haven't a hope or the inclination to do anything similar. I can't fantasise about something I'm not interested in doing. I can just about cope with the Eurosport prog about the Verbier Ride once a year. Was more interested in the Bridget Jones sequence!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Aspen Extreme is basically Top Gun on skis with Spandau Ballet in the Val Kilmer role. It's a good laugh if you prefer amusingly bad to high quality.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Eng_ch: P-Tex, Lies and Duct Tape is relatively 'extreme' skiing, but by no means as extreme as it gets. There is a fair element of basic powder skiing involved - by young and old skiers. It focuses a lot on record snowfalls, different famous resorts and descents (from USA to Europe), and there are interviews and coverage of a range of skiers/styles - telemarkers, freeriders, powder hounds (not a yo-dude-y term in my opinion), professional mogal skiers, local residents, etc. There's a great clip where a mogal racer does a competition jump half way down the course and loses a ski, only to complete the course on one ski! It's about as diverse a snow-sports docu-film you could hope for. If you are not a great fan of 'popular' music, I think the only objection with this film may be some of the music content, but I loved most of it. Oh, and the surfing interlude.

Very Happy

Fatbob is spot on with his concise assessment of Aspen Extreme I reckon.

Cheers snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I rely on 'Echo' by Teamthirteen to get me through the dark nights and as all the amazing footage is set to thumping music, it's great to watch while on the treadmill too. You can pick up the DVD in Snow and Rock or from www.team13.com. The ski and boarding action is all daredevil off-piste stuff with great mountain and scenic shots.
A winter staple.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmm good point Bunny - what's great about many of these films is just the mountain and scenic shots, all that lovely snow snowHead - even if we don't personally envisage ourselves copying someone's 50foot cliff jump! (20ft is my limit wink )
snow conditions
I have High Society which features Shane McConkey. Very good and an unbelievable base jump at the end.
snow conditions
How about some free TGR films? Smile

http://www.im.com/

You need to install their client on a windows PC, but it works fine for me.

I'm hoping with an XBox 360 that I can watch these on a TV and not just my PC!!

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
Found this site where you can dowload the films and watch for a limited period but for a much lower cost ......

http://www.totalvid.com/Skiing-Videos/1

Anybody know where I can buy the films in Europe (at competitive pices)?

http://www.actionsportsvideos.com/skinew.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy