Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Experience with Strolz in Lech?

Poster: A snowHead
I have fairly difficult to fit foot and an contemplating getting my next boots custom-fitted by Strolz in Lech. Would appreciate feedback from people who have used the shop/service.

How well did your boots fit? Any problems since the fitting? Did you have to go back for adjustments? How happy are you with your boots? etc etc
snow report
 dt
dt
Strolz are quite simply the best boots in the world. The fit is perfect-they are truly custom boots. If you have any post fitting problems they will fix them, in Lech, free of charge. They will also provide the bits free of charge, and fit them free of charge, so if you wear the rubber grip under the toe piece, or if one of the buckles snaps, they will fix your boots for free. Amazing. As far as fitting adjustments go I would bet that you will not have to head back as they will get them bang on first time. Lech is their principle shop, so the service matches the boots (which are amazing anywhere). I know a number of people who have got 75+ weeks out of a pair, and yet their boots remained serviceable and strolz still serviced them (for free). The only slight problem is that extremely high level skiiers find Strolz shells to soft. However, this will probably only be an issue if you plan on running gates. Even if this is an issue, they will put the liners in other shells (apparently Benny Raich asked them to do this, but Atomic told him he could not). Simply the best boots money can buy. Get.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ulmerhutte, I had that done about six years ago. Havn't looked back since. Aside from anything else, it's an interesting experience. Do it. You won't regret it!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got a pair of Strolz boots and they made a massive positive difference to my skiing. The first pair I had fitted in Vienna but they gave me the wrong shell (medium cuff instead of narrow cuff), when I popped into Lech Strolz rang up the sportschain in Vienna and gave them hell over the phone. Strolz, Lech then offered me a new pair of shells if I paid for the liners which was fair as I'd used the liners on the old boots a fair few days. IMO their liners are some of the best on the market (although not the warmest) and their shells are tried and tested although perhaps out of date when compared to some of the newer boot shells (age old proven design that hasn't been changed much in recent years) A few people I know prefer the flex of the newer shells and the solid Strolz boot is a bit heavy for some. I'd advise you to visit Alber Sports in St Anton http://www.sport-alber.com/en/kontakt.php, they will look at your feet and advise you on which shell(s) would be best. They also offer Strolz boots so if you need a Strolz they can do that too. Putting a Strolz liner in another shell is something else they can do. Strolz aren't cheap but if you have problem feet they could be the answer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought Strolz boots in Lech - fantastic service, great fitting boots. The staff can't do enough for you. I struggled to get off the shelf boots to fit because of narrow feet and narrow calf muscles. In fact, the whole of Lech runs on exceptional service. The ski instructers are brilliant.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ulmerhutte, Were you in Lech last year?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ulmerhutte, Probably a daft question but I met a guy from Melbourne in Lech this Jan. He goes every year. He's called Erin and is Mr.Hugo Boss in Australia. It just seems a long way to travel - but having said that I'm off to see my sister and her family next month. They moved to Melbourne last year and have recently bought a house somewhere on the Monnington Peninsula.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Erica... yes, I was in Lech last year, but alas I am not "Mr Hugo Boss", though I do like some of their suits. We go to Sankt Anton / Lech just about every year, despite the 30 hour journey from home in Melbourne. You will enjoy spring on the Mornington Peninsula - heaps of wineries, restuarants, and nice beaches.

To everybody... thanks for the responses. You have confirmed what I thought was the case. Just for the record, I currently wear a pair of Salomon 9E boots, which are not light at all at about 6kg for the pair, but then I am quite tall and heavy. So, I am not that worried about the boots being heavy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How much do a pair of Strolz boots go for??
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski wrote:
The response from Strolz... "The price will be 608€ within special insolses, if you need some Orthopedik Insoles it's just a little more expensive(about 60€)"
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

A price that is worth every penny for a pair of boots which mean that I can ski in comfort, without almost crippling pain, which I never did before I got my Strolz snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not trying to knock Strolz because everyone can get it wrong from time to time but the boots I got from them were the only truly uncomfortabe pair of boots I have had.

I got the most massive blisters around my heel and needed to anaesthetise them before I could ski they lasted for weeks after my holiday.

I suspect this was a bit of a one off as most people I know have been happy with them. But it is a consideration if you are living in Oz and cannot get them adjusted easily. I was living in Asia at the time and returning was not possible . They are still sitting in my attic though so I may get them adjusted when my current pair give out.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
T Bar wrote:
Not trying to knock Strolz because everyone can get it wrong from time to time but the boots I got from them were the only truly uncomfortabe pair of boots I have had.

I got the most massive blisters around my heel and needed to anaesthetise them before I could ski they lasted for weeks after my holiday.

I suspect this was a bit of a one off as most people I know have been happy with them. But it is a consideration if you are living in Oz and cannot get them adjusted easily. I was living in Asia at the time and returning was not possible . They are still sitting in my attic though so I may get them adjusted when my current pair give out.

Always get boots fitted at the beginning of your hols so that they have time to tweak them.

Do you always wear the same thickness socks? I'm thinking that maybe you had the liners foamed and then put on a thinner pair of socks. I once put a thicker pair of socks on by mistake and the Strolz boots hurt my feet so much that I had to get off the hill. Used the usual sock thickness the next day and had no problems.

To avoid any potential problems I buy many pairs of the exact same socks I had on when the boots were foamed. I suspect your boots would be ok if you had a new set of liners foamed - speak to Strolz, they were very reasonable when a sportschain (who fitted Strolz boots) made a mess of my first pair.

If Strolz don't work you could always try the healing powers of Chris De Burgh ..... Wink
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2050045.html?menu=
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB,
I had five days of my holiday left when I got them fitted and actually had a minor tweak before I left. It was about a week into my next holiday that the problems started. I cannot remember what socks I was using at the time but I usually try and keep my socks of similair thickness.
You may well be right about them helping if I took them back the trouuble is that taking two pairs of boots on holiday is not easy with current weight restrictions I have been back to Lech once since then and St A a couple of times but decided that as my current boots are working I wouldnt take my old ones. As I say I am not trying to knock Strolz and know a lot of people who swear by them but just pointing out a potential down side for someone living in Oz.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
T-Bar,

Good points about the distance and hence difficulty in getting problems fixed. In our case, we will be there for 3 weeks and I will get the boots as soon as I arrive. That should be plenty of time for any issues to become apparent.

If there are problems after the trip, I will wait until I return the following year. We do not ski that much in Australia any more - it simply is not worth the cost. Three weeks in St Anton, including airfare, is cheaper than 2 weeks, in comparable accom, at our local mountain. Go figure. But that is a different conversation.
ski holidays
My wife and I bought some when in Lech. I love mine but my wife had real problems. She ditched hers the following year as they were never right, despite lots of work, mine are going strong 4 seasons on.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy