Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone seen these before ?

Poster: A snowHead

What the hell is it?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what, apart from a monoski?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a monoski.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ive just never seen anything like it before Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a Hard monoski with Salomon 772 bindings, I think. (could be completely wrong on the bindings, though)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it bad to say "i want it"?!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat,

Quote:

Salomon 772 bindings

They Look like Look to me. Not that it matters.

Renry, It's possibly the WORST way ever to slide down a slope. Your feet and legs are jambed together, all rotation has to come from your lower back. Horrible !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, did you mean 727s? They are in fact Look, can't remember the model.
I thouroughly enjoyed monoskiing back in the early eighties, very easy to learn and made porridge a pleasure.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
John Scott, yup, mis-typed here. But now that you mention it, I am wrong - they are Look!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Renry, monoskis were introduced (in the 70s/early 80s?) so that people wearing fluorescent 1 piece suits who were worried that they didn't look big enough prats could make sure that they did (not John Scott, obviously).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
richmond, Laughing You've missed your vocation - you should write a self-help guide on "How to make friends and influence people"?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
richmond, I didn't have a flouro one piece, never had enough money for one! Did have a pretty hideous Nevica pink and tourquise jacket though. It made a refreshing change after years of boring navy blue.
I didn't worry too much about looking like a prat, otherwise I would never have been able to get through those first ski beginner lessons, just like to get on the mountain and explore.
Monoskiing was very bad for your normal ski technique, all that hip rotation was hell when back on 2 planks.
Nowadays I alternate, depending on conditions, between skis and the monoski's succesor - a snowboard, with not a trace of flouro in sight you'll be glad to know. snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Renry, check out this thread, complete with Ebay auction link to that monoski.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The more I see one the more I want one. Maybe two.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One for each foot?
snow report
FenlandSkier, sure, one for each foot!
snow conditions
parlor, pair of alpine boards with 3 bindings on each and you could have the worst of all worlds . . . they'd make serious powder skis though
snow report
Maybe parlor's invented a new toy here, powder snowblades!
ski holidays
LAUGH OUT LOUD at richmond's comments

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Could always just get your bindings mounted straight on your normal skis, might help lol

A
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy